capita stairmaster - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2010, 06:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
zanzabar0

Default capita stairmaster

i've been looking into the capita stairmaster and i think im going to buy it. ive read some mixed reviews about its flex. on the-house.com it rates it in a 1 being soft and 10 being stiff scale a 3-4. and the reviews ive read about it say that it isnt as soft as they thought. i want to start getting into the park more and hitting boxes and rails as well as some jumps. i just want to know if anyone has had any experience with this board and could give me some feedback. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2010, 06:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Shrox

Well I ride a horrorscope and from what I've heard they are pretty much the same aside from the RC. To say the least head over heals for my horrorscope so if your looking for a traditional camber board go for it. Pretty soft though
Old 02-24-2010, 08:22 PM   #3 (permalink)

I've got one, it's pretty damn noodly and soft. I'd call it a solid 3-4 just like the house. Rides good on jumps and rails, excels pretty much anywhere in the park but gets somewhat chattery and higher speeds, but nothing you wont be able to handle.
thugit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:24 PM   #4 (permalink)

I got this years new Stairmaster - I am really enjoying this board. I'm having a lot of fun with it, its very forgiving in the park and on the trail. Last weekend I was banging out 20 foot table tops with ease, it seems to land very well, its a light board as well. I got it about half way threw the season, this is my 6th year board. There is only one thing negative for me:

This is not a high speed board, it seems to wash out a bit when I really get bookin' down the hill.. Its a 152, that may have something to do with it. Other than that I'm really glad I got the stairmaster
McBrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 09:06 PM   #5 (permalink)

so this board would be good for park but not so much for all mountain riding?
mysterl33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:25 AM   #6 (permalink)

I use it for everything at the moment, but it's def. a board oriented for park riding.
thugit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:31 AM   #7 (permalink)

Ive rode the 09 stairmaster all season and i must say that this board is everything i could ever want and more in a park stick. It locks onto any rail you put infront of it and if you cant press it i advise switching to skis lol. i hit 20 to 30 ft kickers all day and i never have had that washed out feeling a lot of people get with some other park boards. i took it to CO and it def is not a powder board but its not impossible to ride the rest of the mountain on. If your riding anywhere on the east coast i can almost be certain that no "hill" will be to much for this board.
CapitaRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 02:29 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

it is prob one of the stiffer "jib" boards, but in terms of all boards it prob ranks around a 3 or 4 out of 10 where a WWW would be a 2 or 1.7 lol
Old 02-25-2010, 07:11 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterl33 View Post
so this board would be good for park but not so much for all mountain riding?
I rode a Stairmaster all over Winter Park and in the back woods of Mary Jane in some gnar-bar moguls and steeps. I thought that it handled great. I'd call it an all mountain park board.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:00 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Blend View Post
I rode a Stairmaster all over Winter Park and in the back woods of Mary Jane in some gnar-bar moguls and steeps. I thought that it handled great. I'd call it an all mountain park board.
alright cuz i ride in the east coast where all the mountains are ice haha so i was thinking of either the stair master in either 152 or 156 or a ride antic in 157 still undecided though

hows the edge hold on this??

Last edited by mysterl33; 02-25-2010 at 12:36 PM.
mysterl33 is offline   Reply With Quote