It's down to two...Lib Tech Skate Banana vs. K2 Parkstar - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2010, 02:52 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default It's down to two...Lib Tech Skate Banana vs. K2 Parkstar

So ive never my search for a dedicated park board down to two. I can get a GREAT deal on both from a local shop, and they would be about the same price.

A little background...Im looking for a dedicated park board to help me LEARN more tricks. I need something that is going to be ideal for getting down spins, better on boxes and rails. I am an advanced all mountain rider, just starting to get better in the park. I already have my every day stick, this will be to improve my park skills.

Skate Banana 156 W - As always a ton of great things written about the SB. Found it in the less obnoxious blue color , and seems like if you're going to go with a reverse board, why not go with where it started?

K2 Parkstar 155 W - Among the other boards I put against the SB in the price range, this one really stood out. Alot of great tech in it from K2 , and overall seems like a solid park board.

So help me out, which one is better for what im looking for? Im pretty torn here! Thanks!
uberR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2010, 07:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
BBailey

Hey, I cannot speak for the k2 as i have never ridden it before, however I just got my first day out on my new banana 156 and it was and absolute blast to ride! sooo much fun. I doubt you would be disappointed with the banana if you picked one up.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:47 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

just my opinion, but i would consider a more flexible board for a dedicated park board...around here everyones uses bananas for a all around board..there not as flexible as alot of other boards, look at some capita boards or Rome
LTshredTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:44 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTshredTN View Post
just my opinion, but i would consider a more flexible board for a dedicated park board...around here everyones uses bananas for a all around board..there not as flexible as alot of other boards, look at some capita boards or Rome
Ive sort of noticed that, but I do want something that is going to be good for jumps as well. Not a totally flexy noodle. Mainly aiding in getting spins down. Alot of those really flexible boards I tend to get afraid will lack the pop im looking for.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:04 AM   #5 (permalink)

banana lacks in pop compared to the k2, i even heard that the banana loses pop over time but i can't comfirm as i have only riden my friends
jtchompy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 11:49 AM   #6 (permalink)

I've owned both but only have ridden the Parkstar. I sold the banana earlier this season to go to the parkstar actually. I love my parkstar, rides awesome. I can't speak for the Skate Banana though. Wish I would have ridden it to see if the "hype" is what it is.
jputtho2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:05 PM   #7 (permalink)

why is it that whenever someone mentions they are buying a libtech, someone chimes in with the automated answer "NEVERSUMMER, ROME!!"?
mrpez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:52 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jputtho2 View Post
I've owned both but only have ridden the Parkstar. I sold the banana earlier this season to go to the parkstar actually. I love my parkstar, rides awesome. I can't speak for the Skate Banana though. Wish I would have ridden it to see if the "hype" is what it is.
Could you tell me more about the Parkstar? How flexy is it? Do you feel like its a good board to start mastering tricks on, etc. Thanks!
Old 02-25-2010, 10:16 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberR View Post
Could you tell me more about the Parkstar? How flexy is it? Do you feel like its a good board to start mastering tricks on, etc. Thanks!
Actually, I see guys on here say it's too soft but I think they don't know what they are talking about and going off of what they read because today I cmpared it to my buddies '10 Legacy-r and my board is definitely stiffer than that board. I think it's a good board to start learning tricks. I have learned pretty much all my shit on it actually. Before I got the board I basically could just jump, now I can do grabs, ride rails, and spin 1's and 3's and butter pretty well too (in about a months time).
jputtho2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 06:32 PM   #10 (permalink)

are u saying the parkstar is 'definitely stiffer' than the legacy-r? i'm shocked....
legends6spd is offline   Reply With Quote