Average rider, first purchase, banana tech or no? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010, 12:57 PM
jmb320
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Average rider, first purchase, banana tech or no?

I have been snowboarding a few times (used to skiing) and can get down the mountain pretty good now. I'm looking to purchase my first board and was wondering if the lib tech banana boards would be good for me?

I'm looking to spend about 350 and there are a few boards at my shop 40% off that put them in this area along with some of the banana tech boards.

Thanks for any input
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010, 01:00 PM
jmb320
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Tried to edit my msg but got an error.

I'm mostly all mountain with some small jumps and flat grinds, no thin rails or half pipe.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010, 01:04 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 283
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i think its a great idea. i bought a gnu park pickle after 3-4 day of snowboarding. its slightly stiffer than a skate banana which makes it great for park and all-mountain.

look into lib-tech boards, you wont be disappointed.
mrpez is offline  
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010, 01:34 PM
Veteran Member
 
zakk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 612
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
here is a great video about Banana Tech and the wonders of advancement

YouTube Video on the Wonders of Banana Tech

-zakk
zakk is offline  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010, 01:46 PM
Chainsaw
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmb320 View Post
I have been snowboarding a few times (used to skiing) and can get down the mountain pretty good now. I'm looking to purchase my first board and was wondering if the lib tech banana boards would be good for me?

I'm looking to spend about 350 and there are a few boards at my shop 40% off that put them in this area along with some of the banana tech boards.

Thanks for any input
Quote:
Originally Posted by zakk View Post
here is a great video about Banana Tech and the wonders of advancement

YouTube Video on the Wonders of Banana Tech
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpez View Post
i think its a great idea. i bought a gnu park pickle after 3-4 day of snowboarding. its slightly stiffer than a skate banana which makes it great for park and all-mountain.

look into lib-tech boards, you wont be disappointed.
I have a park pickle for sale cheaper than 350 right now.. it has about 1 hour on the board.. 3 runs then i left the mountain.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010, 01:55 PM
Veteran Member
 
linvillegorge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Evergreen, CO
Posts: 8,842
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zakk View Post
here is a great video about Banana Tech and the wonders of advancement

YouTube Video on the Wonders of Banana Tech
Yes! I was hoping it was going to be that video!

For all mountain use, I think there's a lot better options out there than banana tech. I think both Never Summer's rocker and Capita's flat kick are both better for all mountain.

If you want a Lib Tech, go for a TRS if you want all mountain.
linvillegorge is offline  
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010, 01:57 PM
Veteran Member
 
linvillegorge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Evergreen, CO
Posts: 8,842
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw View Post
I have a park pickle for sale cheaper than 350 right now.. it has about 1 hour on the board.. 3 runs then i left the mountain.
The Park Pickle is a better option for all mountain than most bananas. Since you said less than $350, how about $50?
linvillegorge is offline  
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010, 01:58 PM
Chainsaw
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by linvillegorge View Post
The Park Pickle is a better option for all mountain than most bananas. Since you said less than $350, how about $50?
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome