Machete 158 or 160 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2010, 11:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
slash

Default Machete 158 or 160

I'm ready to pull the trigger on Machete but I'm not sure what size to get. I'm 6'0", 170-175 lbs (without gear on). I live in Utah so there is definitely potential for powder. I'm not a big park guy, more of a groomer and powder chaser who enjoys hitting kickers and rollers. I currently ride a Burton 162 Super Model and looking to switch to a rocker. I've heard you can go down in size when riding a reverse camber board, I'm just not sure how much smaller to go. I'm going to buy either the Machete 158 or 160. What do you think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2010, 12:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
Chainsaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by slash View Post
I'm ready to pull the trigger on Machete but I'm not sure what size to get. I'm 6'0", 170-175 lbs (without gear on). I live in Utah so there is definitely potential for powder. I'm not a big park guy, more of a groomer and powder chaser who enjoys hitting kickers and rollers. I currently ride a Burton 162 Super Model and looking to switch to a rocker. I've heard you can go down in size when riding a reverse camber board, I'm just not sure how much smaller to go. I'm going to buy either the Machete 158 or 160. What do you think?

Old 02-26-2010, 01:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
slash

Default one response?

I know there are some very knowledgeable people on this board and I'd rally appreciate some more opinions. I realize 2 centimeters is a minor difference, but when you're buying a new board is good to get what best fits your needs. Thanks.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:52 PM   #4 (permalink)

Im bout your size too. Just a lil bit lighter, with size 11 boots. I plan on getting the 158. Im also coiming from 161 NS Lagacy which I think was a bit to big for me. Hope this help.
TintedOut is offline   Reply With Quote