Ride Concept Tms: comprables??? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2010, 03:39 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Ride Concept Tms: comprables???

A friend bought this board and is making fun of me since I still didnt buy mine.
I am not interested in buying the same model as I'd like to switch board with him once in a while.
But at the same time I am looking for a comparable board. An all mountain, regular camber, no chattering at high speed, carving like laser, good on powd and off piste, level from intermediate/upper intermediate to advanced.
As you can understand, I am not yet sold on moving away from regular camber, otherwise I'd probably take the K2 Turbodream, stoked reviews I read.
I am reading about the magnetraction technology and all the Mervin other works to make the edge have more contact point, and don't know yet if I am sold on this, but I am definitely more sold on this than reverse camber.
So I am looking at: Nitro Team, Burton Custom, Rossignol One Mag (if I decide for the Magnetraction, but not really...), K2 Zero, K2 Podium. Arbor are not easily found here.
lorcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2010, 04:12 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Go with the Yukon...
(Yes, it's the same board in a wide format... haha)

If you have a chance I'd try to demo the K2 TurboDream, you might like the rocker on it (this is based off hearsay).
If you want to stick with Ride, they make the slackcountry which is supposed to (no personal experience) be good on powder (based off their site). As far as I know it's still a cambered board.
Snowfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 02:01 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowfox View Post
If you want to stick with Ride, they make the slackcountry which is supposed to (no personal experience) be good on powder (based off their site). As far as I know it's still a cambered board.
You really didn't look much, then. If you mouse over the board on their page, it tells you it has their Highrize rocker, which is basically a powder rocker made to keep it afloat.

Nitro Team is nothing like the TMS, unless the cambered Team is TOTALLY different than the Team Gullwing (these are my two boards I got this year). The Team is softer, and mine is also more playful and has less pop, but that could be the gullwing camber providing most of that.
nx_911_turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 02:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

You could get the Ride Concept UL. Basically a better version of the TMS
redlude97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 11:37 PM   #5 (permalink)

well, i dont want to stick to Ride, i am just looking for a very good all mountain cambered board, was just asking which one, since every board suggested here on the forum seems to be bananish ;-)
Old 02-27-2010, 02:54 PM   #6 (permalink)

How are the Antic and Prophet (Ride)?
Old 02-28-2010, 12:26 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Antic is supposed to be a good all around board. I've heard it compared to the TMS as a "little brother" of sorts (on the ride forums).

The prophet is more backcountry based I believe, but I'm not totally sure (don't quote me).

As far as I've heard/know, they're both decent boards. I'd say the antic is probably a little less board than the TMS while the prophet has a slightly different intention.
Snowfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 12:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

the antic is going to be softer than the tms, while the prophet is stiffer and more freeride orientated. Both have less dampening than the TMS, while the prophet has additional carbon that runs the length of the board that adds stiffness
redlude97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 01:00 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowfox View Post
I'd say the antic is probably a little less board than the TMS
thanks, Could you plz explain what you mean "a little less board"??
thanks