New Board K2 Believer v. K2 Darkstar Wide - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2010, 03:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
GnarThrasher

Default New Board K2 Believer v. K2 Darkstar Wide

I am looking to pick up a new board for next season after 4 good years of service out of my lib. I want to try out something in the K2 line and step down from a 161 to something in the 157 range so that it is a little more useful in the park. I ride probably 60% mountain 40% park and rarely jib I mostly just air it out in the park so I need something that has good pop, ollies well, and can bomb blacks. I am on the east coast so im riding packed icy stuff most of the time. I looked at the WWW and Jibpan and thought they are probably going to be a little flexy for what I want to do. The rocker really isn't important to me because as I said I'm not a jib rat (I'll hit rails but its not really my thing) and I rarely ever ride in powder. The Darkstar looks proven and stable enough to do what I want to do. The Believer seems to incorporate both worlds into their flatline design, my only concern with the Believer is that I don't know if it will be wide enough for a size 12 boot. I'm 6'1" 173lbs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2010, 06:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
GnarThrasher

We can throw the Sierra Crew, Reverse Crew, and Sierrascope in as well.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:23 PM   #3 (permalink)

I am on the East Coast too & have a Darkstar 157 wide. I am 165 lbs and have size 13 boots. Width is fine at 26cm. The board is very good, especially for the low price. Last year I was riding all-mtn and some park (mostly smaller jumps) and this year I am doing a lot more park and it is a good all-around board. Has some nice pop but is not too stiff.
Michael_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 07:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
GnarThrasher

Yea after looking at all of the boards, I think I'm down to the Sierra Crew and the Darkstar. Thoughts?
Old 02-26-2010, 10:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
ShredEye

I'm riding the 157 Believer Flatline this year and it kills. I'm 6' 175 and that thing rips carves and boosts kickers. Perfect board for what you want. And the flatline floats nice in what little pow we get East Coast. Spins great, I ride it dead center.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I have both the Believer and Darkstar (non-wide). The Believer is a mid-wide board and should be fine for a size 12 boot. Based on what/how you ride, the Believer is the better board than all that was mentioned. It carves really well and is meant really for airs versus riding rails (although you can do this). The Darkstar is just as good, but it's a little softer than the Believer. The Crew is a directional board meant more for freeriding. You could grab airs with it, but landing switch may be a little sketchy. Forget the Sierrascope if you're looking to catch big airs. If you land in the backseat on this board, you'll more likely than not to wash out.
DC5R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:55 AM   #7 (permalink)
GnarThrasher

Do you wash out much landing spins on the believer or is it pretty stable?
Old 02-27-2010, 10:32 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The dual carbor forks in the tip and tail of the Believer makes the board very stable. And yes, I've eaten it a few times landing spins with the believer, but I think it was more due to me than the board.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
GnarThrasher

How does the 157 Believer compare to the 156 Revolver-R?
Old 02-28-2010, 09:32 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I've never ridden a revolver, so I can't do the comparison. Someone will probably chime in on this.