Banana Skate Sizing? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2010, 06:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
dmangan

Default Banana Skate Sizing?

On the lib tech website they reccomend the 159 for +120 lbs riders (and 156 for 100+lbs). Everything I've read in forums is pushing downsizing your normal board size for this board. Anyone know what thats about?

I'm 5'10" and 160lbs so would have thought I'd go for 156 but I'm getting a great deal on a 159 so thinking/hoping it'll prob do me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2010, 02:17 AM   #2 (permalink)

why would you ride a 159 if you're 120lbs+...? that seems retarded. i'm 5'10 160lbs and i ride a 153cm. my friend is 6'0 200lbs and rides a 153cm, both gnu boards which are made by the same company as lib-tech.

if you're 5'10 160lbs 156 is okay but you could easily ride a 152. it might even be better, because im assuming you want to do park with that banana.
mrpez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 03:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
dmangan

Yea not really sure why lib tech are recommending them so long? Seems strange. I'm at the lower end of intermediate I suppose (backside 180), looking to do a bit of everything but leaning towards freeride. Is there anyone who thinks I'll be alright with the 159? Will it make a massive difference to someone at my lower level? Is the big difference that its basically harder to get the board around for tricks? I get to board two weeks a year if that makes any difference. I'm tempted to try it for a 1 week holiday and just sell it if I dont like it. Am I being retarded?
Old 02-27-2010, 04:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
JonB27

I think you'd be better off with a 156, if you want a freeride board, why don't you look at other boards?
Old 02-27-2010, 04:47 AM   #5 (permalink)
dmangan

I can get the 159cm skate banana 2010 for 270 and I know thats seriously cheap. Only other contender is a 155 GNU Danny Kass Dirty Habits 2008 which has MTX but not BTX that I could pick up for 220. I was thinking if I didnt like it, I could sell on the banana because they're popular but maybe thats not the case for the 159. There are 6'+ guys telling me they ride the 156cm. Maybe thats why the guy I'm considering buying off has dropped price so much. Starting to feel like a false economy maybe...