My B-day present: K2 Pabst Blue ribbon snowboard - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-26-2010, 10:04 PM
McSteeze

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
My B-day present: K2 Pabst Blue ribbon snowboard

Im hella excited! My brother is hooking me up with the K2 pabst blue ribbon snowboard for my bday. Anyone rode this board before or have any info on it? I google it and only find pictures but no specs. Is it park, freeride, freestyle? reverse camber? any info really is helpfull as i know nothing of this board... is it rare?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-26-2010, 10:22 PM
michallow

its not rare, but I dont know much about it, they make a bunch of them and they are give aways at ski resorts to promote k2 and pbr, k2 doesnt make any crap really tho so it shouldnt be too bad
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-26-2010, 10:25 PM
McSteeze

any specs or anyting specific you know about the board? is it stiff? flexy? sinitered/extruded? reverse camber?
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-26-2010, 10:28 PM
VAhasnoWAVES

are you hoping that its rocker/reverse camber?

i wouldnt count on it. with it being a promotionally built board, chances are that its camber.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-27-2010, 02:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If it's the one I saw on eBay a couple weeks ago it's a K2 Parkstar 155 or 157 reg (can't quite remember) PBR edition. It has all the tech of the Parkstar (jib rocker, etc) just with PBR graphics on a pearl white base color. I thought I put it in my "watched items" list just to see what it went for but I guess not. Pretty sure this year they just did the PBR Parkstar and then a PBR version of K2 Skis. Is this the board by chance? http://worcester.craigslist.org/spo/1586324472.html

Anyway yeah I rock a 157 Parkstar and the board is legit so it's a quality board.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-04-2010, 06:52 AM
McSteeze

Yes that ebay link is the exact board. So its a parkstar with the blue ribbon graphics over it? That would be sweet, I hope this is accurate! thanks for the replys doggy.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-12-2010, 04:21 AM
McSteeze

Just got the board... It says 155 Parkstar and jib rocker on it! you were right.. thanks doggy. Its my first reverse camber board and playing around on my carpet it feels hella fun. super steezy
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-12-2010, 04:36 AM

who is doggy?

ain't no basic boarder, i run carhartt's for boarding clothes, i drive a big loud diesel truck, and i am PROUD to be a CANADIAN.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-12-2010, 01:24 PM
Veteran Member

Wow, a Parkstar? I'm impressed. As someone earlier mentioned, these promo boards are usually bottom of the barrel boards. Congrats!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 11:21 PM

Nice dude! Yeah the Parkstar rocks! I just got back from A-Bay, CO and rod EVERYWHERE! They got dumped on this weekend and fresh powder and the board performed soooo awesome! I road up on the east wall and montezuma bowl and then a couple trips through the park. Jumping everything I could. hah Trip number 2 is coming very soon.

Riding down the double blacks I popped a few rocks hard enough that I though I blew an edge but when I got down it was nothing more than a few burs on the edge that a file knocked out. I'm very happy with the board. The jib rocker is awesome!

Last edited by jputtho2; 03-29-2010 at 11:27 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode