My B-day present: K2 Pabst Blue ribbon snowboard - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2010, 10:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
McSteeze

Default My B-day present: K2 Pabst Blue ribbon snowboard

Im hella excited! My brother is hooking me up with the K2 pabst blue ribbon snowboard for my bday. Anyone rode this board before or have any info on it? I google it and only find pictures but no specs. Is it park, freeride, freestyle? reverse camber? any info really is helpfull as i know nothing of this board... is it rare?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2010, 10:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
michallow

its not rare, but I dont know much about it, they make a bunch of them and they are give aways at ski resorts to promote k2 and pbr, k2 doesnt make any crap really tho so it shouldnt be too bad
Old 02-26-2010, 10:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
McSteeze

any specs or anyting specific you know about the board? is it stiff? flexy? sinitered/extruded? reverse camber?
Old 02-26-2010, 10:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
VAhasnoWAVES

are you hoping that its rocker/reverse camber?

i wouldnt count on it. with it being a promotionally built board, chances are that its camber.
Old 02-27-2010, 02:58 AM   #5 (permalink)

If it's the one I saw on eBay a couple weeks ago it's a K2 Parkstar 155 or 157 reg (can't quite remember) PBR edition. It has all the tech of the Parkstar (jib rocker, etc) just with PBR graphics on a pearl white base color. I thought I put it in my "watched items" list just to see what it went for but I guess not. Pretty sure this year they just did the PBR Parkstar and then a PBR version of K2 Skis. Is this the board by chance? http://worcester.craigslist.org/spo/1586324472.html

Anyway yeah I rock a 157 Parkstar and the board is legit so it's a quality board.
jputtho2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 06:52 AM   #6 (permalink)
McSteeze

Yes that ebay link is the exact board. So its a parkstar with the blue ribbon graphics over it? That would be sweet, I hope this is accurate! thanks for the replys doggy.
Old 03-12-2010, 04:21 AM   #7 (permalink)
McSteeze

Just got the board... It says 155 Parkstar and jib rocker on it! you were right.. thanks doggy. Its my first reverse camber board and playing around on my carpet it feels hella fun. super steezy
Old 03-12-2010, 04:36 AM   #8 (permalink)

who is doggy?
Old 03-12-2010, 01:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Wow, a Parkstar? I'm impressed. As someone earlier mentioned, these promo boards are usually bottom of the barrel boards. Congrats!
DC5R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 11:21 PM   #10 (permalink)

Nice dude! Yeah the Parkstar rocks! I just got back from A-Bay, CO and rod EVERYWHERE! They got dumped on this weekend and fresh powder and the board performed soooo awesome! I road up on the east wall and montezuma bowl and then a couple trips through the park. Jumping everything I could. hah Trip number 2 is coming very soon.

Riding down the double blacks I popped a few rocks hard enough that I though I blew an edge but when I got down it was nothing more than a few burs on the edge that a file knocked out. I'm very happy with the board. The jib rocker is awesome!

Last edited by jputtho2; 03-29-2010 at 11:27 PM.
jputtho2 is offline   Reply With Quote