Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   I Got a Question About the RIDE KINK 2010 (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/25937-i-got-question-about-ride-kink.html)

10xdeep 02-27-2010 12:32 PM

I Got a Question About the RIDE KINK 2010
 
okay well i have been boarding for about 2 seasons... im already hitting the rails and jumps...

now i am looking to get a new board and i love the RIDE boards...
i have ridden burton blunts, customs, and a ROME board... i just didnt like the feel.

Dont get me wrong they were probably good boards but i just didint like them..

Now my question is is the ride kink a good board... I like park and Freestyle but i also like crusin too. Will this board be good enough to handle jumps and rails? and if you have the board can you give me some pros and cons about the board.

If it matters im 5'11 190 and i ride a 156 size board. (i think i am going to ride a 154 tho)

LMK your opinions thanks a lot

10xdeep 02-28-2010 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10xdeep (Post 265233)
okay well i have been boarding for about 2 seasons... im already hitting the rails and jumps...

now i am looking to get a new board and i love the RIDE boards...
i have ridden burton blunts, customs, and a ROME board... i just didnt like the feel.

Dont get me wrong they were probably good boards but i just didint like them..

Now my question is is the ride kink a good board... I like park and Freestyle but i also like crusin too. Will this board be good enough to handle jumps and rails? and if you have the board can you give me some pros and cons about the board.

If it matters im 5'11 190 and i ride a 156 size board. (i think i am going to ride a 154 tho)

LMK your opinions thanks a lot

no one? :( haha

Milo303 02-28-2010 12:15 PM

Get a Horrorscope, Sierrascope or Ultrafear over the Ride Kink...

Those Capitas boards are a better bang for the buck and the FK tech is def superior for pretty much every type of riding your gonna do.

Your not gonna dig the regular camber on the Kink in the long run if your leaning more towards park stuff.

Although the slimewalls that Ride uses are pretty sick, the FK tech is easily more beneficial imo.

You can grab a sierrascope for dirt cheap

redlude97 02-28-2010 12:43 PM

Consider the crush instead, which has lowrize rocker and is slightly stiffer. It will be compareable to the Capita offerings.

Milo303 02-28-2010 02:22 PM

Ya a Crush would def be superior to the Kink... And def get it in the lowrize if your gonna go the Ride route

seant46 03-18-2010 04:00 PM

Fuck that I'm going back to regular camber next year. Rocker is only better for presses if you ask me. Camber locks onto rails like its nobody's bizz.

Which board did you choose and how did you like it? I am looking into next years ride kink.

10xdeep 03-18-2010 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seant46 (Post 276181)
Fuck that I'm going back to regular camber next year. Rocker is only better for presses if you ask me. Camber locks onto rails like its nobody's bizz.

Which board did you choose and how did you like it? I am looking into next years ride kink.

Well I ended up getting the kink and loved it. I might get the crush next yeah not sure tho. Friend has a capita and I used it and I really didn't like it I d k. I love the kink tho. Held up pretty well IMO

Snowfox 03-18-2010 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10xdeep (Post 276210)
Well I ended up getting the kink and loved it.


And in the end, all that matters is that you love the board you choose. :thumbsup:

Well, and that you get off your ass and are riding, but that's assumed. :p

CoopersTroopers 03-19-2010 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10xdeep (Post 276210)
Well I ended up getting the kink and loved it. I might get the crush next yeah not sure tho. Friend has a capita and I used it and I really didn't like it I d k. I love the kink tho. Held up pretty well IMO

Congrats! I feel the same way re: Ride boards. For whatever reason, I'm just more comfortable on them.

As a step up, consider the Crush for sure, and also the DH2 is you're feeling a little spendy. It will have a lot more pop with the PopStix (next year it is moving to PopRods). If you want to branch out a bit more and go more all-mountain freestyle, there's the Machete, which is priced between the Crush and the DH2. If you want to stick with camber though, as you've gotten used to it with the Kink, there's the DH (and the Society if you want to go REAL big :laugh:).


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:50 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2