Burton boards and binding compatibility - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2010, 09:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
jaybiRRd

Default Burton boards and binding compatibility

Hey guys, i have a couple of questions regarding newer burton boards. Do all of their boards require those burton est bindings? Ive already got some forces and im aware of the interchangeable disks but havent heard if they work well. Im mainly concerned with the custom vrocker and joystick. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2010, 10:28 PM   #2 (permalink)

If you get an ICS board then you really want to get a set of EST bindings as well. Burton 3D bindings are fitted using an adapter disk but other brands to not have proper approved adapters. You are basically limited to Burton.

Other people have posted threads here looking for accolades because they have retrofitted a 4 hole disk to an ICS board using just 2 screws and placing the disk on a diagonal but imo they are looking at a one way ticket to a broken ass if they use that.

I had a regular set of cartels on an ICS board using the adapter disk and they worked fine, but getting a set of EST triads was some of the best money I ever spent, it is much better to use hardware that is designed to go together rather than going half assed at it with the older binding style.

If you already have a set of forces and dont want to change, then dont get an ICS board. Its kinda all or nothing unfortunately. Unless other brands have jumped on Burtons royalty bandwagon and started manufacturing their own adapters which to my knowlege they havent yet but probably will soon enough.

Last edited by Reede; 02-27-2010 at 10:33 PM.
Reede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 01:46 AM   #3 (permalink)

i heard there's a way to fit a union to a burton ics. i'm not sure how, but i've seen some unions mounted.

i've got flux feedbacks on a burton ics. fortunately, the Burton 3D disc fits on flux's bindings, so flux makes a disc (that they send for free if you request it) that fits perfectly. i've gotten the retro discs from burton and from flux, and flux's fit flush. as far as how they are mounted, they seem perfectly fine. i haven't taken it riding yet.

i'm sure if there's a way to fit unions on your ics, it should be fine. but burton est would be your sureshot way to go.
Old 02-28-2010, 01:48 AM   #4 (permalink)

EST Bindings really open up what the board was meant for.

I have a set of Triad EST's for sale for $125 shipped if you need some bindings. They are a Large (10+).
SchultzLS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 11:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
jaybiRRd

Thanks a lot for the responses guys. You pretty much confirmed my thoughts. Looks like I won't get a Burton stick.