What a difference a new board with bindings can do... - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2010, 07:37 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default What a difference a new board with bindings can do...

Thank you gentlemen for pointing me in the right direction equipment wise. This is my first season snowboarding and I started the season renting equipment, then I picked up a Lamar Dragon snowboard with DBX bindings... It was fine for getting the hang of getting my balance. However, I picked up a NS Legacy-R with Union Bindings. What a fucking difference! Now I know what you mean by a noodle under your feet. The Lamar was difficult to keep balance and I caught edges left and right. The Legacy was smooth and balanced at high speed or quick turns. The mid-wide is perfect for me and I did not notice any turning deficiencies. This was my fifth time out and I was carving and hitting a couple small jumps and rails.

Later.
chimdogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2010, 09:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
BBailey

Ya, having quality gear is def worth the money, I don't think anyone here will argue with that. Its always a bonus when you can blast down the hill without fear of your bindings falling apart at mach 5, lol.

You sound pretty stoked about riding, it just gets better as the years/your skills progress.

Enjoy!

Last edited by BBailey; 02-28-2010 at 09:36 AM.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
Bay2LA

yeah man im on a 14year old 151cm 5150 with some old rossignol bindings. got the setup for 40 bucks with boots ( got new boots since then). i figured why spend the money if im only learning. half a season later im "trying" to bomb down blacks and hell i may as well be on a trash can lid. that board chatters, hops, skips, and jumps allllll over the place. super scary. im getting an NS Evo-R and Flux Titan bindings in 2-3 weeks before my trip to mammoth and whistler!!!!
Old 02-28-2010, 12:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
alloutEVO

i did the same when i stated bought me a used beater, once i got some new equip was way more confident and trusted it alot more!
Old 02-28-2010, 12:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Glad you upgraded to some quality gear!

The people here giving suggestions aren't always full of shit huh ( =
Moral of the story: If your going to rob people, wear a diaper.
Milo303 is offline   Reply With Quote