Time to Upgrade!! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2010, 08:33 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Time to Upgrade!!

EDIT:I just received my Capita indoor survival fk and rome 390's today, really happy but now I have a super noob question.

How do I tell the tail from the nose or does it not matter which way I mount the bindings since it is a true twin? I searched but couldn't find an answer.

Thanks in advance

Hello everyone,

I've been creeping the forums for a little while now and decided to register after going out snowboarding today for the second time in three years. Probably my tenth time snowboarding thanks to school ski trips

Anyways, I was riding at a small ski resort today and riding some rental gear, big disappointment. I rode most of the day around the hill and for the last hour I decided to give the terrain park a go. The first time down I rode off the sides of jumps and landed them so it boosted my confidence and the next run, seeing as I couldn't see any small jumps, I decided to give the medium kicker a go. To my surprise I actually landed my first "big" jump ever. After that I hit the jump for the next hour and I tried out some grabs. I decided to try the large kicker..haha what a mistake . My love for snowboarding returns.

Now onto the main topic: boards!

So I've decided it's time I dump some money into a good snowboard, bindings and boots. I'm not to concerned in the price, I want a board that will last a while and a board geared more towards the type of riding I plan on doing.

Weight: 150ish
Boot size: shoe size 9
Riding style: Freestyle,casual riding, urban riding
Age 20
budget: how much it takes
Your location of riding: ski hills, around town, no mountains

I have looked into a few board reviews and was wondering if these would be good choices if not please point me in the right direction.

First up: Lib-Tech Skate Banana

Second: Rome Atrifact

Third: Rome Postermania

Fourth: Stepchild Jib Stick

So these were the boards I looked into. Not exactly sure if they are good or anything but I read good things so hopefully I made some decent choices if not let me know please!

Thanks!

Last edited by Adam C; 03-04-2010 at 03:40 PM.
Adam C is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2010, 09:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
jaco

check out the rome artifact 1985 its a sick board, also check out some capita stuff the horrorscope fk is always reccommended.

but from those i would choose the skate bannana
Old 03-01-2010, 09:00 AM   #3 (permalink)

yea the stepchild is pretty sick but also might wanna check out the nitro subpop, capita go either indoor or horrorscope, signal park. all pretty soft and super sick. good for wat you may need.
adammalik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:04 PM   #4 (permalink)

Alright thanks for your input!

I just checked out the site I'll be ordering form and they have most stuff 40% off and very low stock so I'm going to be putting in an order!
Old 03-04-2010, 03:21 PM   #5 (permalink)

I just received my Capita indoor survival fk and rome 390's today, really happy but now I have a super noob question.

How do I tell the tail from the nose or does it not matter which way I mount the bindings since it is a true twin? I searched but couldn't find an answer.

Thanks in advance
Old 03-04-2010, 03:24 PM   #6 (permalink)

skate banana is good. if you're interested in hitting jumps also check out the GNU park pickle. from the same company as a skate banana and basically the same thing except its an asymmetric twin, has a deeper heelside cut for easier turning, and is a little stiffer which will help you on larger jumps.
mrpez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 04:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
MauiWowie

Im guessing you have the model with the capitaaah! on the base. The end with the "c" is the nose. And yes it matters which way you mount your bindings because they usually have a slight curve to match the curve of your foot. When you put them on your straps should always be on the inside (towards the middle) of the board.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:26 PM   #8 (permalink)

The top part in this picture or as ^ said the part with the C is the front.... It really doesn't matter though as the board is a true twin in construction with a centered stance. I have one it's fun but I think I am going to sell it!

Old 03-04-2010, 08:10 PM   #9 (permalink)

Alright thanks for the clarification!

How come you want to sell it? did you find anything you didn't like about it?