Burton Demo Tour - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2007, 01:07 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Burton Demo Tour

According to the Burton website they're going to be at Gore Mountain December 28 and I'm going to be coming back home from Canada the day before so I was thinking about getting a hotel for the night and going to a mountain on the 28, now I guess I'm going to be going to Gore.

Anyone ever been to a Demo Day at a mountain before? Is there a limited amount of products that they give out making it hard to even demo stuff?
"its ppl like you, that I would "impact damage" your face if i ever saw you
keep your mouth shut. one more time, please and thank you." -user: chingy_
Phenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2007, 01:24 PM   #2 (permalink)

When you go, you NEED a credit card and drivers license. And from the one I went to, they will only have the high end gear. IE: T6, Malolo, Feelgood Es etc and the boards with the EST system. I found that the boards they brought out were all in the 156+ range as well. But that may just be because of our smaller populus.
boarderaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 02:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Ride was demo'ing their shit at my local mountain yesterday. As I walked by their little tent to the lift line, one of their reps asked me if I wanted to try one of their decks. The following conversation took place:

Rep: Hey Man, you interested in taking a Ride board out for a spin?
Me: No, I am interested in seeing Ride go out of bid'ness. I'm on the boycott tip.
Rep: I'm sorry to hear that. May I ask why?
Me: There is no way I am going to support a company that has actively used shit akin to racism, sexism, or homophobia in promotional campaigns to degrade other people, snowboarders, or snowboard companies.
Rep: Wow, now I really don't know what you’re talking about, man.
Me: Go ask one of your bosses at K2 about the trade show in 2004. If they won’t tell you, try Google. (And with that I walked away).

However, it did look they were giving some stuff away for freee…but not decks

"Up, up, my people, let smoke and flame be our sign!"
-The White Rose Society

sedition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 02:08 PM   #4 (permalink)

Um. Wow. That's really not necessary and incredibly immature on your part. You should've just kept on walking instead of taking your frustrations out on the rep. It's not like they can control who puts what on the board...
boarderaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 02:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I was polite to him, in that I didn't have a rude tone of voice or anything like that. However, I have ZERO tolerence for companies that use, or play into, the various -ism's as means to "promote" ther product. As a rep of the company, he is one of the EXACT people that the masses should say both positive and negetive things about the company to. His job is the middle man between the managers/factory/owners and the riders/consumers. That conversation should not be a one-way street of "Here, buy these goods!"

And I agree, the K2 comment was uncalled for. I should not have said that. As for the rest, I stand by it 100%.

"Up, up, my people, let smoke and flame be our sign!"
-The White Rose Society

sedition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 03:57 PM   #6 (permalink)

From the sound of it, it seems like if you want to demo something, chances are you'll be able to do it. I was worried I'd go there then they'd end up being like "sorry, we're fresh out of demo boards, here's a burton pen...all yours bud!"
"its ppl like you, that I would "impact damage" your face if i ever saw you
keep your mouth shut. one more time, please and thank you." -user: chingy_
Phenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 05:36 PM   #7 (permalink)

Where I ride, they don't do individual companies at once for Demo days. 3 or 4 times a year, they have a full mountain demo day and all of the companies come at once. They all set up their tents at the top of the mountain, and you just go up to where you want. They have a stand where you give all of your info to the people running the demo, and then you just go to whatever manufacturer you want. It seems to work well, because there is a ton of equipment from multiples manufacturers, and there seems to be plenty of equipment for all of the people demoing. I will be interested to try the new EST stuff this year. Seems to be an easy way to go. The problem is (not for Burton) that you have to go with both Burton board and bindings.
SCZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote