Slayblade, Custom X, T6, Special or Undisputed (what board to buy topic nr 1002311) - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2010, 08:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
Henkhe

Question Slayblade, Custom X, T6, Special or Undisputed (what board to buy topic nr 1002311)

Hi guys,

As u might have guessed form the title of this topic, I would like to have some advise on what board is best suited for me personally.

I'm a Dutchie, meaning i can only go boarding for 2 to 3 weeks a year in the alps.
My skills are average/expert, meaning i can ride red slopes with relative ease, while i'm perfectly capable of riding black slopes in a little slower paste. With other words: i can't race em to the bottom, but i get down pretty decently.

Personally, i love to go of-piste, but since i hate hicking, i get the main bulk of my of-piste experience through just taking a cut from the normal pistes. I get to the top with the ski lift and make sure i'm near the piste at the end of the mountain (yeah, i'm a lazy bastard)

Although i'm a boarder for 12 or 13 years now, I just don't get the hang of the parks. I don't know, when i see people jump crazy i really love it, but it's just nog my thing. I rather go down and go down fast.

The thing is, I really am in need of a new board now. I bought a Forum Destroyer in 2001 while I was still in the presumption that i was going to do a hell lot of tricks and all. And although i loved my board for years, last year it just didn't feel right any more. Therefore i'm looking into buying a new board.

After asking some advice at the local shops i narrowed my interest down to the following boards:

- Burton Custom X
- Burton T6
- K2 Slayblade
- Salomon Special
- Lib-tech banana
- Bataleon Undisputed

Right now, my favorite is the Custom X. I like the design and every shop tries to sell it to me as being perfect for what i want. The same goes for the T6, with the difference that it costs more money and does almost the same thing as the Custom X.

On the other hand i was interested into looking in the rocker (or bataleon) kind of boards. I heard some nice thing of them, but I just don't know if they are right for my kind of riding style.

All in all, i would like to have some advise from u guys on what board suits me best. Also, i just don't know if i need a wide board or not and what lenght it should be.

Extra personal data:

Length: 6ft (1,83m)
weight: 211 lb (96kg)
shoe: 10,5/11 (44/45 in europe)

So guys, already thanks for the advice!

Last edited by Henkhe; 03-01-2010 at 08:13 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2010, 10:14 AM   #2 (permalink)

I am the least expert here, but it seems you should give a look also at the k2 Turbodream more than Slayblade.
lorcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:23 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorcar View Post
I am the least expert here, but it seems you should give a look also at the k2 Turbodream more than Slayblade.
I am not sure of that, while the turbo dream is probably easier to ride, I have the slayblade and its like being shot out of a cannon, and holds an edge like nobody's business. I thought I have had fast boards before, but this thing is nuts.
rader023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:26 AM   #4 (permalink)
Chainsaw

my vote is for the custom x.. I would also check out the Lib Tech - Travis Rice c2 btx..

That would be your best bet as far as im concerned
Old 03-01-2010, 02:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
jumbosrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw View Post
my vote is for the custom x.. I would also check out the Lib Tech - Travis Rice c2 btx..

That would be your best bet as far as im concerned
+1

Custom X or T6 would be best for your style, which is the same as mine. I just bought the K2 Podium for the same reasons you are looking at the Custom X and T6 - those were both recommended to me also, but are too expensive. I'm 6'1", 200 lbs and wear a 9.5 shoe (US).

Check out the K2 Podium & K2 Format, as well as the Rossignol One Mag or the Rossignol Experience (these two have the same Magna traction tech as the Lib Tech boards). All four of these suggestions compare to the Custom X & T6, but have standard binding mounts (not Burton's proprietary channel) and are less expensive with great reviews.

A couple of the other boards lower on your list are better for park/jib, but really I think you would be happy with any of them. Your list is pretty versatile and those boards can all handle freeriding the mountain. I do also agree about the T.Rice BTX from LibTech - that's more your style than the Banana would be.

Last edited by jumbosrule; 03-01-2010 at 02:35 PM.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:42 PM   #6 (permalink)

Could you guys plz give more info and details about Podium and Slayblade?
is really the Podium comparable to expensive Burton? podium is advertised as budget board.
And how is the Slayblade flatline? how did you feel it at first?
Old 03-01-2010, 02:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
jumbosrule

Podium | Boards | K2 Snowboarding

It's not advertised as a budget board - it says, "dollar for dollar, best in class". Retail is $400. Burton is typically overpriced for the quality, IMO.

Reviews: Podium | Boards | K2 Snowboarding
Old 03-01-2010, 02:56 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rader023 View Post
I am not sure of that, while the turbo dream is probably easier to ride, I have the slayblade and its like being shot out of a cannon, and holds an edge like nobody's business. I thought I have had fast boards before, but this thing is nuts.
no doubt about this, but it seems the Turbodream performs better in powd, while the Slayblade is perhaps more FS oriented
Old 03-01-2010, 03:07 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorcar View Post
no doubt about this, but it seems the Turbodream performs better in powd, while the Slayblade is perhaps more FS oriented
I will agree with this 100%. I don't think the flatline helps or hurts in the powder at all, I would call it consistent. One thing to consider, next years turbodream has harshmellow. That is great for those of us with the old knees
rader023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 05:12 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Slayblade and Undisputed are both A+ choices, but the Turbo Dream and Jam might be better suited for your ability/style.
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote