Capita Sierrascope sizing - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2010, 12:25 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Capita Sierrascope sizing

Sweet, just picked up a Capita Sierrascope 156 after reading good things about this board here all winter long and thanks to the 50% off sale at Sierra I had to pull the trigger. This was a total impulse buy as when I woke up this morning I had no plans to buy a new board

Hope I'm not too big for it though! My current all mountain board is a NS Heritage 165 which does well when I'm bombing mountains out west but I always feel like its a bit too much board when I am riding back east at Snowshoe and 7Springs.

I have been wanting to buy a more freestyle oriented softer deck for the quiver and have been wanting to try reverse camber since its all the rage, my NS is 3 years old and reg camber. I have heard good thinks about Capita FK tech

So being 6'2" and 210lb am I going to be too big for a 156 Sierrascope? I think this is the largest size they made. Any other Sierrascope riders out there who are my size?
jpb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2010, 12:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

ought to be good for your size. probably lose a little pop on jumps but it should be very playful at your size.
c_mack9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:31 PM   #3 (permalink)

210 is a little bit big for 156 but i agree you should be ok.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:41 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adammalik View Post
210 is a little bit big for 156 but i agree you should be ok.
Yeah, I am somewhat concerned as I have always thought even a 158 would be pushing it for me size wise, but I hope the Flat camber tech of the Capita makes up for the smaller size.

Am I right in thinking that with a reverse or flat camber board you don't need to size as big? Sucks the Sierrascope doesn't come in anything larger?

But like C-mack said, I hope its playful and just a fun play around kinda board for me as that is what I was looking for. The Heritage isn't a super stiff board, but its stiff enough for my skills. Hope the Sierrascope allows me to push it a little more when trying new tricks.

$250 with free shipping I figured it was worth the chance.
jpb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:44 PM   #5 (permalink)

reverse camber tends to ride smaller actually i think. i ride the boards thats why i gave my input but yea its super sick. Flat kick will change your life.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

For my park board i ride a ultrafear 147 and i weigh 175, so i would think your in the same situation-ish. It is really playful and nice and easy to spin around but you will suffer a bit on landings and bigger jumps if you like air.
seant46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 08:52 PM   #7 (permalink)

I'm 5'11", between 195 and 200, so roughly your weight. I've had other 156s I've ridden no problem, but this the softest board I've ever owned. Partly that's having avoided softer boards in the past, partly that's the board. The Sierrascope is rideable depending on what you like to do. If you are pushing it at speed all the time, you will probably be sketched out on it and should look elsewhere. For cruising around and dorking around, it's great. It's easy to press and on the poppier side of things for a reverse camber board. The tips are VERY soft, though. The flipside of being able to press that easily is that sometimes on hard turns in bumpier terrain, if I turn the way I normally do it almost feels like I get up on a nose press and start swiveling around a bit. The other day I was in a hard turning-uphill carve the other day and the nose folded on me... it was weird, it felt like I hit something. Been a bit reluctant to push it freeriding now that it's broken in a bit. Definitely a board you need to keep an eye on if you like to charge at 200+ lb.

All that having been said, i still have a lot of fun on it. For the purposes of Minnesota, I think it's a great board because you can get away with a noodle as an "all-mountain" board in the sad hills that pass for mountains in this state. If you're rocking it on real mountains and expecting it to work as an all-around, I think you'll be disappointed. If it's a niche board in your quiver, I think you'll be happy.

Last edited by kimchijajonshim; 03-01-2010 at 11:15 PM.
kimchijajonshim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:16 PM   #8 (permalink)

Mind if i borrow this thread for a sec?

Congrats on ya purchase.
Im looking to get one too but there sold out of 152. @6'0, 165lbs would i be better off getting the 156 for messing around on groomers(east coast)/lite park riding, for now
Old 03-01-2010, 11:17 PM   #9 (permalink)

^^
You'll be fine. Unless you want a dedicated park board, I'd probably go 156 anyway.
kimchijajonshim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

you should be fine with that size, the added carbon and beefed up construction will help resist your weight, as compared to a horrorscope 156 which prob wwould be too small