Choosing a board: Narrowed down to 2! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 11:59 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Choosing a board: Narrowed down to 2!

Hey all,

It's time for a new deck and I've narrowed it down to two, but I'm having trouble pulling the trigger and I think it's due to a lack of information on either product. Before I get too deep here's some background on me. I'm 6'4" 160lbs (SZ 12) and currently ride an Arbor Westmark 159 w/Flux Super Titans. My primary riding style is park @ So Cal Resorts (ex. Bear Mountain), but a few days out of each season I get out to places like Mammoth/Snowbird/etc. (Real Mountains) so I enjoy some range, but not much.

I've narrowed it down to the Capita Stairmaster Extreme 156W vs. Ride Machete 157W. Both meet my most important criteria; Non-Die-Cut Sintered base, Urethane Sidewalls, and True-Twin. The obvious difference is Camber vs. Rocker and Capita's lack of Cleav-Edges. I find my Westmark to be a hair too long and too stiff and thus why I'm going down a few sizes. I also want to board that's easier to press than what I've got now.

My feeling is that the Capita Stairmaster Extreme is going to be slightly softer and more park/jib oriented but enough to still have fun on some bigger mountain runs. I figure the Ride Machete will be a little stiffer and considered more of an "All-mountain Freestyle" w/pressing benefits coming from the Lowrize Rocker. My fear is that the Machete will be yet another slightly too stiff board for my primarily park/jib riding... but I'd really like to fool around with negative camber.

What do you think?

Thanks in advance,
Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 12:11 AM

rocker > camber
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 07:45 AM

i would say go with the ride machete. Its not going to be to stiff at all, the board for the most part is used for park so it should work well. The machete also has the 85.A slimewall and yea low rise rocker is sick.

thanks for not sucking
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 09:58 AM

It sounds like you should get my board, the Smokin Big Wig 157.

Look into it and feel free to ask me any questions.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 12:39 PM

one is rocker, one is camber, that is what u need to decide on. perhaps this should be a sierrascope or machete debate lol

Too Fast!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 09:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin89 View Post
one is rocker, one is camber, that is what u need to decide on. perhaps this should be a sierrascope or machete debate lol
I'm with you on that, but the Sierrascope has a Die-cut base. Did you ever see that thread where that guy broke his Sierrascope right down the middle on the die-cut? Screw that. Camber vs. Rocker doesn't really mean much to me. I'm looking at performance value.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Legacy View Post
I'm with you on that, but the Sierrascope has a Die-cut base. Did you ever see that thread where that guy broke his Sierrascope right down the middle on the die-cut? Screw that. Camber vs. Rocker doesn't really mean much to me. I'm looking at performance value.
lol i dont think thats very common... but if ur looking for performance id go with rocker, just because it does make riding alot easier, which improves performance, yesss?
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 10:30 PM
Veteran Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Another factor to consider is durability. The Ride will prob last quite a bit longer than the Capita.

16 Gnu Swallow Tail Carver . 16 NS West . 15 NS Snowtrooper BIA
16 Burton Genesis X . 15 Now Drive
16 Flow Talon . 14 Flow Hylite
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 11:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple8Sol View Post
Another factor to consider is durability. The Ride will prob last quite a bit longer than the Capita.
Durability is in fact what I'm looking for. I'm not to crazy about only getting 1 full season out of my Arbor. Although I really can't blame Arbor for rider-error. =)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode