Choosing a board: Narrowed down to 2! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2010, 11:59 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Choosing a board: Narrowed down to 2!

Hey all,

It's time for a new deck and I've narrowed it down to two, but I'm having trouble pulling the trigger and I think it's due to a lack of information on either product. Before I get too deep here's some background on me. I'm 6'4" 160lbs (SZ 12) and currently ride an Arbor Westmark 159 w/Flux Super Titans. My primary riding style is park @ So Cal Resorts (ex. Bear Mountain), but a few days out of each season I get out to places like Mammoth/Snowbird/etc. (Real Mountains) so I enjoy some range, but not much.

I've narrowed it down to the Capita Stairmaster Extreme 156W vs. Ride Machete 157W. Both meet my most important criteria; Non-Die-Cut Sintered base, Urethane Sidewalls, and True-Twin. The obvious difference is Camber vs. Rocker and Capita's lack of Cleav-Edges. I find my Westmark to be a hair too long and too stiff and thus why I'm going down a few sizes. I also want to board that's easier to press than what I've got now.

My feeling is that the Capita Stairmaster Extreme is going to be slightly softer and more park/jib oriented but enough to still have fun on some bigger mountain runs. I figure the Ride Machete will be a little stiffer and considered more of an "All-mountain Freestyle" w/pressing benefits coming from the Lowrize Rocker. My fear is that the Machete will be yet another slightly too stiff board for my primarily park/jib riding... but I'd really like to fool around with negative camber.

What do you think?

Thanks in advance,
Dave
Dave Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2010, 12:11 AM   #2 (permalink)

rocker > camber
mrpez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 07:45 AM   #3 (permalink)

i would say go with the ride machete. Its not going to be to stiff at all, the board for the most part is used for park so it should work well. The machete also has the 85.A slimewall and yea low rise rocker is sick.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:58 AM   #4 (permalink)

It sounds like you should get my board, the Smokin Big Wig 157.

Look into it and feel free to ask me any questions.
sepdxsnwbrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 12:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

one is rocker, one is camber, that is what u need to decide on. perhaps this should be a sierrascope or machete debate lol
Old 03-02-2010, 09:50 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin89 View Post
one is rocker, one is camber, that is what u need to decide on. perhaps this should be a sierrascope or machete debate lol
I'm with you on that, but the Sierrascope has a Die-cut base. Did you ever see that thread where that guy broke his Sierrascope right down the middle on the die-cut? Screw that. Camber vs. Rocker doesn't really mean much to me. I'm looking at performance value.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:57 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Legacy View Post
I'm with you on that, but the Sierrascope has a Die-cut base. Did you ever see that thread where that guy broke his Sierrascope right down the middle on the die-cut? Screw that. Camber vs. Rocker doesn't really mean much to me. I'm looking at performance value.
lol i dont think thats very common... but if ur looking for performance id go with rocker, just because it does make riding alot easier, which improves performance, yesss?
myschims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 10:30 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Another factor to consider is durability. The Ride will prob last quite a bit longer than the Capita.
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 11:24 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple8Sol View Post
Another factor to consider is durability. The Ride will prob last quite a bit longer than the Capita.
Durability is in fact what I'm looking for. I'm not to crazy about only getting 1 full season out of my Arbor. Although I really can't blame Arbor for rider-error. =)