Roxy Snowboards - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2010, 02:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
Ckook

Question Roxy Snowboards

Dont know much about Roxy boards... any views on the quality, ridability, longevity of the boards... maybe in comparison to other makes...

I'm thinking of getting one, the graphics are sweet.. but dont know how long I will be happy with it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2010, 02:53 AM   #2 (permalink)
Ckook

Anyone have one and want to tell me about it..

Its my first thread in here, It seems to be a little bit of a sausage-fest in here....
Old 03-02-2010, 06:46 AM   #3 (permalink)

Where are you in Australia? I lived in Brisbane for a bit and my exgf who was there w/ me just moved back.

My opinion is that Roxy has sort of a girl noob vibe to it. I'd recommend a more "serious" brand.
TXBDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 07:03 AM   #4 (permalink)

yea roxys are pretty good. basically GNU for women with materials and alot of the same tech (BTX). Check out the ollie pop or Silhouette of park. If your a beginner the sugar isnt too bad either.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:04 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXBDan View Post
My opinion is that Roxy has sort of a girl noob vibe to it. I'd recommend a more "serious" brand.
Considering Olympic Gold medalist Torah Bright rides Roxy gear, that's a hard statement to back up...

Roxy is made by the same people that make GNU, Lib-Tech, and Bent Metal. Lots of people swear by those "more serious" brands.

OUR BRANDS at Mervin Manufacturing
Roxy Snowboards*-*360Guide

Seems like their boards carry some of the same (but not all) of the board tech that those other Mervin brands do like BTX. Beyond that I've got no experience of Roxy since it seems pretty hard to find, but if it's given the same love by Mervin that they give to GNU and Lib-Tech, I'd say they're pretty good.
CoopersTroopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 08:14 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Yep, Roxy is made by Mervin manufacturing and has a legitimate line-up. In fact the Roxy Eminence snowboard is EXACTLY the same snowboard as the Gnu B-street - they just come in different sizes, with different topsheets and price tags.

I currently ride the B-street as my all-mountain board and I love it. It's classified as a jib board, but still holds up really well at high speeds, floats well in pow, etc.

It seems like I read somewhere that you should stay away from their lower-end boards because they aren't actually made in Mervin factories, but I could be wrong there.

Regardless, Roxy's high-end boards (Envi, Eminence, and Ollie Pop) are excellent and popular. Don't know anything about Roxy bindings.

Check out reviews of some Roxy boards at Shayboarder.com

Last edited by lilfoot1598; 03-02-2010 at 08:19 AM.
lilfoot1598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 08:22 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

yeah the cheaper stuff was made by rossi, but now that they split up quik prolly has them shipped off somewhere else. I think just the boards with any type of mangetraction are made in Washington at the mervin HQ
Old 03-02-2010, 09:25 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopersTroopers View Post
Considering Olympic Gold medalist Torah Bright rides Roxy gear, that's a hard statement to back up...

Roxy is made by the same people that make GNU, Lib-Tech, and Bent Metal. Lots of people swear by those "more serious" brands.

OUR BRANDS at Mervin Manufacturing
Roxy Snowboards*-*360Guide

Seems like their boards carry some of the same (but not all) of the board tech that those other Mervin brands do like BTX. Beyond that I've got no experience of Roxy since it seems pretty hard to find, but if it's given the same love by Mervin that they give to GNU and Lib-Tech, I'd say they're pretty good.
Pro rider's don't necessarily ride market boards. They could be custom boards with a name on it.

And although I hear a lot of good things about Lib Tech, prolly a lot because of the banana and magnetraction craze, all the other brands are normal. If anything, Lib-Tech started out as the "high end" of GNU boards.

"Made in USA by Snowboarders for Snowboarders" etc. sounds more like a marketing ploy. TBH, at this stage, I rather have a "Made by Engineers". And "Hand Made" products aren't usually better than automated/mass produced goods. In fact, it's often the other way arround. It just makes it usually more expensive...unless they pay these "Snowboard Artisans" low salaries or something.

Last edited by rasmasyean; 03-02-2010 at 09:57 AM.
rasmasyean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 09:33 AM   #9 (permalink)
kMc

I wanted to get a Roxy Ollie Pop, have heard great things about them. I don't think they are "noob" boards at all. Esp. since the higher end boards are made by the same company that makes Lib and Gnu. I don't really think you should be super concerned with the graphics of a board though.
kMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 10:55 AM   #10 (permalink)

Roxys are technically fine boards, but why chose one over its GNU or libtech equivalent? I guess thats my point. Roxy is so fashionable and so plastered all over everything that I'd rather avoid it and go straight to the source and promote a "smaller" company whos actually designing and making them.
TXBDan is offline   Reply With Quote