Space Metal Fantasy? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2010, 09:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
kMc

Default Space Metal Fantasy?

Anyone have a Capita Space Metal Fantasy? I just bought one for my park board (can't beat $174.50!!), but there are barely any reviews or anything on it. From what I hear it's fairly popular but I haven't talked with anyone who actually has one. Anyway, if you have ridden one, what do you think? And yes, I know it's the girls version of the horrorscope.
kMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2010, 08:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
boarderchic

I believe boarderaholic has one.

I've got a k2 vvv which sports the jib rocker and from my limited understanding, may be similar to flat kick (?). I'm also curious about the SMF, so this is my elongated bump.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:19 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kMc View Post
Anyone have a Capita Space Metal Fantasy? I just bought one for my park board (can't beat $174.50!!), but there are barely any reviews or anything on it. From what I hear it's fairly popular but I haven't talked with anyone who actually has one. Anyway, if you have ridden one, what do you think? And yes, I know it's the girls version of the horrorscope.

I just tried a demo one last week. Very soft and flexy. I was able to blend and pressed that I couldn't do with my Rome Blue. But it's quite unstable at high speed.
campfortune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 09:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The sidecut is the biggest difference that I know of

The SMF has a sidecut that will cause it to turn tighter, easier
Moral of the story: If your going to rob people, wear a diaper.
Milo303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 07:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Have you tried the Space Metal yet? I couldn't contain my curiosity and bought one used. Took it out this weekend. Right out of the box, I was surprised by how soft it was - much softer, even, than my Gnu B-street. It handled high speeds just fine for me, but it also couldn't stop on a dime the way my B-street can. It handled chop well, considering how soft it is. I rode it in a little powder and it was okay, but definitely not effortless. It is very light, easy to turn (performed well in the trees), easy to butter and spin. Overall a FUN board! I'm looking forward to riding it some more this spring!
lilfoot1598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 08:24 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilfoot1598 View Post
Have you tried the Space Metal yet? I couldn't contain my curiosity and bought one used. Took it out this weekend. Right out of the box, I was surprised by how soft it was - much softer, even, than my Gnu B-street. It handled high speeds just fine for me, but it also couldn't stop on a dime the way my B-street can. It handled chop well, considering how soft it is. I rode it in a little powder and it was okay, but definitely not effortless. It is very light, easy to turn (performed well in the trees), easy to butter and spin. Overall a FUN board! I'm looking forward to riding it some more this spring!
I tried Space Metal but never B-Street btx. So which board you think is better? I am considering buying one between this two. Space Metal seems cheaper. Do you think B-street is worth of the higher price? thanks!
Old 03-14-2010, 08:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by campfortune View Post
I tried Space Metal but never B-Street btx. So which board you think is better? I am considering buying one between this two. Space Metal seems cheaper. Do you think B-street is worth of the higher price? thanks!
They are both classified as soft park boards, but they excel in different areas for sure. Because I am very light and have tiny feet, the B-street actually feels a bit stiff to me, so it works as an all-mountain freeride board and the Capita is a my mess around board.

I would recommend the B-street if you are on the East Coast because of the magnetraction. It also has a faster, sintered base, has more pop, and floats better in powder. I also love the graphics.

The Space Metal is a very fun board too. It is easier to butter and jib, but I didn't think the edge hold was as solid. I have heard conflicting reports about Capita's build quality, but unless you are a 60-day a year rider, you won't notice that it's "cheaper" (with the exception of the extruded base). The graphics look a lot nicer in person.

I have taken both in the trees and in canyons and I felt like they were both nimble and light, although some people do complain that the Capita has a slower edge-to-edge transition.

Overall, both are extremely fun boards. It really depends on your personal preferences.

If you are torn and cannot decide between the two, go with the Space Metal, since it's cheaper. Can't really go wrong either way! : )
lilfoot1598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:17 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilfoot1598 View Post
They are both classified as soft park boards, but they excel in different areas for sure. Because I am very light and have tiny feet, the B-street actually feels a bit stiff to me, so it works as an all-mountain freeride board and the Capita is a my mess around board.

I would recommend the B-street if you are on the East Coast because of the magnetraction. It also has a faster, sintered base, has more pop, and floats better in powder. I also love the graphics.

The Space Metal is a very fun board too. It is easier to butter and jib, but I didn't think the edge hold was as solid. I have heard conflicting reports about Capita's build quality, but unless you are a 60-day a year rider, you won't notice that it's "cheaper" (with the exception of the extruded base). The graphics look a lot nicer in person.

I have taken both in the trees and in canyons and I felt like they were both nimble and light, although some people do complain that the Capita has a slower edge-to-edge transition.

Overall, both are extremely fun boards. It really depends on your personal preferences.

If you are torn and cannot decide between the two, go with the Space Metal, since it's cheaper. Can't really go wrong either way! : )
Thank you so much! This is an excellent review! very very helpful!
Old 03-16-2010, 09:30 AM   #9 (permalink)
kMc

LOVE my space metal fantasy. Completely different ride than on my infinity-r. was able to press about 3 feet in the air right out of the box, its insanely flexible and a great park board. not too sure how its going to hold up though, just because its such a noodle. also not sure how its going to do on the east coast ice, but i guess i will have to wait until next winter to find out! definately stoked on it though - good buy.
kMc is offline   Reply With Quote