Should I have gone for a shorter board? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2010, 11:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
jrivs13

Default Should I have gone for a shorter board?

I just ordered a 2010 Gnu Rider's Choice 151.5 and I'm starting to question if I should have gone for a different shorter board. I'm an all-mountain rider but I'm also on the east coast so I ride more packed / groomed than actual fluffy powder.

I spend a good amount of time in the park but mostly on medium-large jumps, but I like to hit the rails with a board-slide here and there. I've messed around with a few demos, tried the Ride Machete to get a feel for the rocker style (liked it) and tried the Ride Kink to get some noodly feel on the boxes.

My strong point has always been spins and big air but I want to get more technical on the rails and boxes next season.

I'm 5'6" and weigh 140-145lbs.

I knew I wanted either a lib-tech or gnu board but now I'm wondering if I should've gone for the smaller 147 park pickle for easier spins and better pressing on the boxes, since I hear you can go a few cm shorter with the rocker tech. Am I stressing too much over 4cm or should I return the Rider's Choice for a smaller Pickle / Banana? Right now I've been riding a Ride Timeless 147 (really old board, but super light) and my friends Ride Kink 152.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2010, 11:32 AM   #2 (permalink)

stop worrying, you got the right size.
Cool_As_Cakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 11:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
jrivs13

Thanks for the confirmation, think I just needed someone else to tell me. Such a big purchase its hard not to worry. Appreciate the reply.