New board for Wife, PLEASE HELP!! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2010, 07:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Scott303

Default New board for Wife, PLEASE HELP!!

My wife wants to buy a new board but she doesn't like the looks of womens' boards. She found the board the she REALLY likes the look of, the Burton Hero Ltd. But its a mens board. Her stats are 5'6", 120lb size 6/7 foot. My question is if she got the 149, would that be to big of a board for her? Because its a V rocker would the flix be ok also? Are mens board that much stiffer then womens boars? Please help before she kills me....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2010, 08:08 PM   #2 (permalink)

That will probably work fine. Is that the only board she wants?
Old 03-02-2010, 08:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Scott303

That my not be the only one she wants but she has looked at A LOT of boards and this is the first one that she has found she likes the look of. :/
Old 03-02-2010, 08:19 PM   #4 (permalink)

I'd tell her to go for performance, not looks.
wolfbaden6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 08:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
boarderchic

If she wants it, buy it.

The Hero is super soft. It'll be fine. Later, she'll want something different. Buy that as well.

Last edited by boarderchic; 03-02-2010 at 08:21 PM.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
kMc

don't get her a mens board. you will regret it. they are much stiffer and much wider than womens boards. also, not to beat a dead horse, but she should not be choosing a board based on the "looks" of the board. you should be more concern with the specs of the board and if the board suits her riding style/preferences. maybe check out capita, bataleon, gnu or never summer boards? not sure if she has checked those out yet, but seriously, don't let her get a mens board.
kMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 08:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
boarderchic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kMc View Post
don't get her a mens board. you will regret it. they are much stiffer and much wider than womens boards. also, not to beat a dead horse, but she should not be choosing a board based on the "looks" of the board. you should be more concern with the specs of the board and if the board suits her riding style/preferences. maybe check out capita, bataleon, gnu or never summer boards? not sure if she has checked those out yet, but seriously, don't let her get a mens board.
Couldn't one argue that a soft mens board may make for a mid-stiff ride for a female? Especially when there's a relatively negligible difference in waist width in comparable sizes?
Old 03-02-2010, 08:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
kMc

I guess, i just feel like mens boards are for men for a reason. why get a mens board when you could get a womens board that would be more suitable? i feel like getting a mens board just based on graphics is kind of silly. from my experience, and from the girls i ride with, we prefer the flex and feel of womens boards to mens boards overall, but maybe that is just us. at 120 lbs she could also size down smaller than a 149, but i guess it depends also on what kind of riding she does. that would be helpful to know. i guess in the end it all comes down to pesonal preference though!
kMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 09:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
boarderchic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kMc View Post
I guess, i just feel like mens boards are for men for a reason. why get a mens board when you could get a womens board that would be more suitable? i feel like getting a mens board just based on graphics is kind of silly.
True. I was just positing that if flex is based on size, gender wouldn't play as substantial a role as most would assume. WIth that said, I grew up riding men's boards because their really weren't any substantial alternatives; stoked that there is finally a serious market for women's gear.

No one should ever buy a board based on graphics, unless it's for your wife and she wants it

I second looking into NS, Capita, Gnu and Bateleon.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:12 PM   #10 (permalink)
Scott303

Its not ALL about look, she just liked the look of that board more then others. The main question was with her stats do any of you think she could get away with riding a 149 mens board or would it be way to much for her to handle?