My 2 cents on SIERRASCOPE FK - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2010, 09:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
weipim

Default My 2 cents on SIERRASCOPE FK

Hi all,

I got the board 2 weeks ago, however I finally got a chance to take it to Keystone today and here starts the fun.

Lemme describe a little bit of my status, i'm 6 feet, 175 lbs, size 11 boots. I just started to snowboard in the end of Nov '09, never skied before either, so a typical noob.

Here is my setup:

CAPITA SIERRASCOPE FK 156
RIDE delta mvmnt with +15/-6
Burton Hail size 11.

Before this trip, I mostly ride Blue/Green slopes and kept myself away from black diamonds. The reason is I had a hardtime linking my turns with my old board. From heel to toe was okay, but I often fall on my back while trying to switch from toe to heel. So today my main purpose was to see if this board will help me out or not.

I started on a blue, the frenchman, in the beginning I wasn't really used to a shorter board since my old one was 162 length. I did fall a few times but no big deals. After the first run , we went to the outback area, I start to try linking my turns and to my surprise, it could not be smoother than that! I especially do TOE-to-Heel and never caught the edges. also it holds the edge extremely well. As the day goes by, I am better on by carvings and somehow this might sound strange, but when doing back and forth edge changing in a steep blue run, I felt that the tail of this board will push you to the other side just good enough to initiate your next carve. Maybe it's a common thing for snowboarding since I was never good at linking turns with my old board. And also I went into the situation when I almost lost control on the slope and then I somehow toe pressed on the front foot and was feeling that I was carving only on one foot for an instance and this gives me back my stability. The flex of the board is really really amazing compared to my old one.

And before the end of the day, my friends dragged me to a few black diamonds and it is from there that I learned what are all the funs abt snowboarding

let me know what you guys think after reading this chunk of alphabets, and I would really thank you all for helping me chose this board.

Wei
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2010, 09:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

This board has lived up to countless expectations!!! RIGHT ON!!
fredericp64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 09:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Glad you like your new board!

That Frenchman run is nice to be at right when they open it for night riding and it's fresh corduroy. You can absolutely haul ASS down that run!
linvillegorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 12:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
weipim

hahaha I haven't had a chance to night ski at keystone. but will definetly keep that in mind
Old 03-04-2010, 03:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
MauiWowie

When I bought mine I didn't realize how much time I would be spending in the park. Im about 90% park right now and when I bought it I was only about 50% so my only regret is that I didnt get the 152. I only weigh about 155 and have the 156, but its still an amazing board. Locks on rails like a champ.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
weipim

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauiWowie View Post
When I bought mine I didn't realize how much time I would be spending in the park. Im about 90% park right now and when I bought it I was only about 50% so my only regret is that I didnt get the 152. I only weigh about 155 and have the 156, but its still an amazing board. Locks on rails like a champ.
Nice dude, you really aren't in a good position to be disappointed of this board, I don't ride park at all and I still enjoy this board shredding down the mountain