SWEET! SICK! DOPE! But what about the BOARD? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2010, 10:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Default SWEET! SICK! DOPE! But what about the BOARD?

I've been reading all these threads, like the NS thread, and the "post pics of your kit" thread, and on 90-95% of the them, the only difference is the graphics. I don't ride a low-end stick, got a '09 NS Titan...pretty minimalist graphics, but the board itself kicks ass -- at least while riding. It doesn't seem to hold up well to lift-line dings and the usual transport stuff. It's scratched and dinged to shit after a season and a half. It's a great ride, but the shape and construction don't seem to be anything different than a lot of the stuff I see posted, other than low-end Sports Authority starter kits and stuff -- a basic flat deck with some fiberglass on top. I posted a pic of my old board in the other NS thread...it was actually different. Different materials, different construction, different design. The best board I've ever ridden, but no one makes anything like it anymore.

I'm not sure where I'm going with this, but beside the graphics, what is making people pop boners over their boards? My Titan is stiff and damp and wicked fast, but it hasn't held up well. I ride hard, a couple of times a week, but I'm no Olympian. Yet, it seems Dynastar was on to something before Quicksilver took them out. Kevlar base, carbon stingers, dampening pads under the bindings...this board rides like a dream, scary fast, yet no one else is offering anything like it now. So, again, besides the cool graphics, what is it that makes your ride so sweet? If it was that awesome, wouldn't a blank deck do the trick?

Last edited by surfinsnow; 03-02-2010 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Added pic
surfinsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2010, 10:18 PM   #2 (permalink)

It's just what you make of the board. If you think it's awesome, then it is. If you think it sucks, then it sucks.
wolfbaden6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 10:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfbaden6 View Post
It's just what you make of the board. If you think it's awesome, then it is. If you think it sucks, then it sucks.
Seems straightforward enough!
surfinsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 10:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

95% of people couldn't tell the difference between a triax glass lay up or a biax and no one wants to admit they bought a piece of shit. Let them pop their chubbies and frolic in the autumn mist with it.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Zee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Dope graphics add airtime...

The Never Summer SL-R is the best all mountain board I have been on... Ever.
Buy it... Ride it... Love it...
Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 10:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The overwhelming majority of people on here, young and old, don't really know what they're talking about. They've only owned and/or tried a few boards, their ability level is prob not as good as they'd like to think, they have bias whether they admit it or not, their research consists of reading a company's own marketing and reviews from others with no more knowledge than themselves, etc...

Up to you to see through the BS and pick/choose what to believe and who to trust.

Official Gear List: http://www.snowboardingforum.com/blo...gear-list.html
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 10:55 PM   #7 (permalink)

my board is awesome because its expensive
mrpez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 11:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

One of the reasons I love my NS is because it's so durable. Scratches and dings happen man. Big deal. As long as it doesn't impact the functionality of the board, then it's all good.

NS's are as tough as any boards on the market. If you're beating them up, then you're probably just going to have to accept that you're hard on shit or start taking better care of your shit.
linvillegorge is offline   Reply With Quote