Regular or reverse camber - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2010, 08:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Ritz

Default Regular or reverse camber

Ok, I'm buying my first stick and I have always rented boards... I'm pretty sure all rental boards are regular camber, right? I'm not a total noob... I can butter, press, 360, and do some grabs on a rental board so it's time to invest into my own stick. Should I buy regular or reverse camber board if i'm used to regular camber. Would snowboarding feel different on a reverse camber board? I'm thinking of getting the DC PBJ '10 which is a twin, regular camber. What do you think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2010, 09:04 PM   #2 (permalink)

it is different on a reverse camber (rocker). some people dont like it, but i love it and cant go back to riding a regular camber board.

it really depends on what you want to do. im mostly interesting in park, small-medium jumps, and flatland buttering so i went with a soft rocker board.
mrpez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Regular camber for all mountain riding or halfpipe. You will stick to turns at high speeds.

Rocker (reverse camber) for park riding, you will catch less edges and turn with ease. Landings off jumps will be more forgiving if you don't land straight. It will not hold an edge as well at high speeds though.
fredericp64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:43 PM   #4 (permalink)

Camber for high speed/ice

Reverse Camber for park

R/C combined for everything
Just have to get the right combination for what you're doing, since there are dozens of them.

It doesn't take much effort to swap between them. I went from my cambered board to a stiffer camber to S-rocker, to full reverse camber with "scoops," to R/C, and back to my camber all in one day. If you ride reverse/scoop a lot, you'd have to readjust to the extra grip of regular camber, so you didn't catch an edge.

Last edited by Phenix_Rider; 03-03-2010 at 09:46 PM.
Phenix_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
Ritz

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredericp64 View Post
Regular camber for all mountain riding or halfpipe. You will stick to turns at high speeds.

Rocker (reverse camber) for park riding, you will catch less edges and turn with ease. Landings off jumps will be more forgiving if you don't land straight. It will not hold an edge as well at high speeds though.
Well I'm definitely more into park riding, 70% park, 30% free-ride. Now I'm trying to decide between the rome artifact 1985 which is reverse camber noodle and dc pbj (also park board) which is regular camber 4.5 flex.. more versatile stick.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:54 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritz View Post
Well I'm definitely more into park riding, 70% park, 30% free-ride. Now I'm trying to decide between the rome artifact 1985 which is reverse camber noodle and dc pbj (also park board) which is regular camber 4.5 flex.. more versatile stick.
i have the artifact 1985. It does fairly decent for free riding. May have a bit of chatter at high speeds, but its a great board. and a noodle. You can butter like a champ
avenged1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
Ritz

Quote:
Originally Posted by avenged1985 View Post
i have the artifact 1985. It does fairly decent for free riding. May have a bit of chatter at high speeds, but its a great board. and a noodle. You can butter like a champ
How much do you weight and what size artifact do you ride? I'm 140, 5'8, 10.5 boot size and can't decide between 147 and 150. I'm also worried bout' heel and toe drag if I buy the 147. I have L/XL Union Contact bindings.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:06 PM   #8 (permalink)

im like 125 5'5. im riding a 144. Should be alright with the 147. 10.5 boots should be alright on it with 15/-15 angles
Old 03-03-2010, 10:45 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by avenged1985 View Post
This may sound stupid but when you say chatter at high speeds what exactly do you mean?
Adam C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:48 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam C View Post
This may sound stupid but when you say chatter at high speeds what exactly do you mean?
the board like vibrates when you try to bomb a run.