Bindings - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2007, 08:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCanavan6

Default Bindings

As of now I am a beginner and although I've been snowboarding on and off for 5 years, I still suck. I am riding a Lamar board with Liquid bindings and Salomon boots. My bindings are too small so I'm searching for new ones. I've always been a fan of burton so I've mainly been looking at those and have narrowed it down to three: Custom, Mission, and Cartel. My gut instinct is to go with the Customs because while they are decent bindings they are still fairly cheap in price. The Cartels are very nice but because of price and my feeling that they might be too stiff I am leaning away from them. I am focused on freeriding right now as I am still learning but will be snowboarding about a dozen times this year with my school and am hoping I will get much better and eventually I will get into freestyle. Any advice on what bindings too get?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2007, 09:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

If money is an obsticle, go with the Customs. They are inexpensive, but are decent all-around product.

"Up, up, my people, let smoke and flame be our sign!"
-The White Rose Society

sedition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 09:05 PM   #3 (permalink)

The Customs are nice, and I think they will do what you are looking for. Are you looking at this years Custom bindings? If so, you can get a closeout of last years Cartels for roughly the same price. Now new model for new model they will be a good bit more. I think you would be happy with either one, but like you said, the Customs will be a little easier to learn in. The Cartel is pretty aggresive in stiffness, and the Custom is very similar but a little softer and a little lower high back.
SCZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 09:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCanavan6

any other bindings I should look at that are similar to the custom or is the custom the best binding for that price for what I'm looking at?
Old 12-22-2007, 09:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
revhi

Ive been riding cartels for 2 years now and I like them a lot. I do not think they are to stiff, but I dont usually stay in the park the whole day. Ive seen cartels as cheap as 130-150. I just bought another board and Im getting the same bindings for it as well.
Old 12-22-2007, 10:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCanavan6

Quote:
Originally Posted by revhi
Ive been riding cartels for 2 years now and I like them a lot. I do not think they are to stiff, but I dont usually stay in the park the whole day. Ive seen cartels as cheap as 130-150. I just bought another board and Im getting the same bindings for it as well.
As a beginner I think the Cartels might be too stiff though. What do you think?
Old 12-22-2007, 10:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
revhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCanavan6
As a beginner I think the Cartels might be too stiff though. What do you think?
Besides rentals, these where my first bindings. I havent tried to many bindings, but I actually felt that they werent stiff enough.