Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Loose boots...Help (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/2627-loose-boots-help.html)

booyakasha 12-22-2007 08:28 PM

Loose boots...Help

In summation: my boots are too large and it's too late to exchange them. There's a lot of stuff i did to fix em although the best thing that worked was to deal with it (so for all you future boarders out there...get the right size the first time).

I bought insoles to fill up space, got new tightening systems for the inside liner laces, and then got some heel shims. Did they help? ehhhh.

The biggest problem is, of course, the heel lift, but i noticed that there was something that caused this predicament. As i kept on doin hard turns, the top of my boots became really loose and eventually there was like an inch of space where my leg got to freely move about on its own accord (only really happens on my back leg). So i was wondering, in order to fix this problem should i just get some duct tape and wrap that around my boot so it won't become so loose? I know it's pretty ghetto but i'm really tired of this problem right now and kinda angry for wasting so much money on bad boots.

Still love boarding regardless, and i went twice in the past week...

eL.Snow.Boarder 12-23-2007 06:48 PM

I kind of have the same problem, I'll try duck tape and tell you if it works... my snowpants will cover it anyway right? so who cares

KIRKWOOD-$LUT 12-23-2007 10:06 PM

your screwed, you need the right boot or you will be in pain the rest of your life

berg 12-23-2007 10:33 PM

lol @ kirkwood and the cold hard truth.

rrrtx 12-23-2007 11:51 PM

Hey you might be better off without the inserts... and just use the regular ones. The thing is if they lift your heel up that means it will pull your toes back a little more and give you some more room. But then again the inserts could make everything else a little tighter... just for thought.

colortv 12-25-2007 03:57 AM

well you know there's always the option of stacking socks. that could always work, but from the sounds of how big your boots are your gonna need a LOT of socks

KIRKWOOD-$LUT 12-25-2007 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colortv
well you know there's always the option of stacking socks. that could always work, but from the sounds of how big your boots are your gonna need a LOT of socks

bad idea:thumbsdown:
you might be able to go to a bootfitter shop and add more foam

colortv 12-27-2007 03:34 AM

but then again socks were always seen as a bad idea except by like one guy lol. Foam will probably work.

booyakasha 12-31-2007 07:42 PM

sorry for taking so long to thank you guys for the suggestions. the boots work a bit better with the inserts but there's this retarded counterproductivity. My heels don't come out but the boots around the mouth area gets bigger because there's added resistance by the heel shims. Ha. Duct tape it is....Fixes everything from snowboard boots to bombs.

And just a helpful suggestion for yall. Never buy from a high school snowboarder who says "stoked" and "awesome" to describe everything from snowboard products to existentialist philosophy. Stupid guy was like "yea, i like my boots a little loose." dumb little turd.

I'll try the foam thing but i just need to make the top part of the boot tighter. Maybe i can't tie my laces right? Ha.

lisevolution 01-02-2008 11:52 AM

I guess I just didn't understand what you were asking me in your PM, now that I've read this post it makes more sense to me. I know back in my inline days they used to sell velcro straps that you could add to the outside of your skate to make the ankle section much stiffer and supportive, I believe they were called "Power Straps". I'd look around for something like this as that would definitely fix your problem better than duct tape!