Loose boots...Help - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2007, 08:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
booyakasha

Default Loose boots...Help

In summation: my boots are too large and it's too late to exchange them. There's a lot of stuff i did to fix em although the best thing that worked was to deal with it (so for all you future boarders out there...get the right size the first time).

I bought insoles to fill up space, got new tightening systems for the inside liner laces, and then got some heel shims. Did they help? ehhhh.

The biggest problem is, of course, the heel lift, but i noticed that there was something that caused this predicament. As i kept on doin hard turns, the top of my boots became really loose and eventually there was like an inch of space where my leg got to freely move about on its own accord (only really happens on my back leg). So i was wondering, in order to fix this problem should i just get some duct tape and wrap that around my boot so it won't become so loose? I know it's pretty ghetto but i'm really tired of this problem right now and kinda angry for wasting so much money on bad boots.

Still love boarding regardless, and i went twice in the past week...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2007, 06:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
eL.Snow.Boarder

I kind of have the same problem, I'll try duck tape and tell you if it works... my snowpants will cover it anyway right? so who cares
Old 12-23-2007, 10:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
THE OFF PHISTE WHORE

your screwed, you need the right boot or you will be in pain the rest of your life
Old 12-23-2007, 10:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
berg

lol @ kirkwood and the cold hard truth.
Old 12-23-2007, 11:51 PM   #5 (permalink)

Hey you might be better off without the inserts... and just use the regular ones. The thing is if they lift your heel up that means it will pull your toes back a little more and give you some more room. But then again the inserts could make everything else a little tighter... just for thought.
rrrtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 03:57 AM   #6 (permalink)
colortv

well you know there's always the option of stacking socks. that could always work, but from the sounds of how big your boots are your gonna need a LOT of socks
Old 12-25-2007, 12:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
THE OFF PHISTE WHORE

Quote:
Originally Posted by colortv
well you know there's always the option of stacking socks. that could always work, but from the sounds of how big your boots are your gonna need a LOT of socks
bad idea
you might be able to go to a bootfitter shop and add more foam
Old 12-27-2007, 03:34 AM   #8 (permalink)
colortv

but then again socks were always seen as a bad idea except by like one guy lol. Foam will probably work.
Old 12-31-2007, 07:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
booyakasha

sorry for taking so long to thank you guys for the suggestions. the boots work a bit better with the inserts but there's this retarded counterproductivity. My heels don't come out but the boots around the mouth area gets bigger because there's added resistance by the heel shims. Ha. Duct tape it is....Fixes everything from snowboard boots to bombs.

And just a helpful suggestion for yall. Never buy from a high school snowboarder who says "stoked" and "awesome" to describe everything from snowboard products to existentialist philosophy. Stupid guy was like "yea, i like my boots a little loose." dumb little turd.

I'll try the foam thing but i just need to make the top part of the boot tighter. Maybe i can't tie my laces right? Ha.
Old 01-02-2008, 11:52 AM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I guess I just didn't understand what you were asking me in your PM, now that I've read this post it makes more sense to me. I know back in my inline days they used to sell velcro straps that you could add to the outside of your skate to make the ankle section much stiffer and supportive, I believe they were called "Power Straps". I'd look around for something like this as that would definitely fix your problem better than duct tape!
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote