i need HELP choosing a board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2010, 01:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
jb118688

Default i need HELP choosing a board

this is my first year boarding and i used the rentals and i am going to buy board sooon and i need some advice i would like an all mountain bored with boots and bindings all under 450$ and i don't want something that is going to be u reliable i was looking at rome and k2 and i know k2 is the top dog basically and i like the birgade and the anagram but i have benn told the brigade is crap and i don't know anything about anagram accept it is cheap hahaha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2010, 01:10 PM   #2 (permalink)

A bit of advice: punctuation helps

Another bit of advice: do a lot of unbiased research
wolfbaden6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 01:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

REI has last season's Rome Anthem and Rome Targas on sale for $250 and $130 respectively. As for boots, buy them new, spend a little more and get them from a shop where you can try them on. My personal favorite have been Vans, but you may find you like another brand more. Shop around on boots, they're the most important part of your trio.

Normally, I don't even help that much if you haven't done research. But I'm in a good mood this morning.
Rome Anthem 158
Flick Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 01:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Check out SierraSnowboard.com

You should be able to get some pretty good gear on there for 450 bucks, just watch the sales over the next week or two ....figure out what you want and make sure they are still in stock.

We need your weight/height/boot size to actually recommend something..
arsenic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 01:41 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb118688 View Post
i was looking at rome and k2 and i know k2 is the top dog basically and i like the birgade and the anagram but i have benn told the brigade is crap and i don't know anything about anagram accept it is cheap hahaha
The Brigade and Anagram are K2's beginner to intermediate budget/starter boards. They're virtually identical other than the setback I believe (since the Brigade is aimed more at freeriding, and the Anagram is aimed at park riders). They're well made and will get you going; not crap by any means, but something you might outgrow in a season or two. Their "Catch-Free Rocker" is really quite nice; it's almost a completely flat zero camber board, with just the slightest bit of rocker at the contact points to make it easier to learn your turns (it won't catch as easily).

My first board was a K2 Fuse (Brigade, different graphics), and has served me well.

Do your research, but spend your money primarily on good, comfortable, properly fitting boots. They are by far the most important piece of the puzzle. Ill fitting boots will make even the best snowboard in the world ride like utter trash. Get bindngs that fit your boots and your expected riding style. The board should be one of your last considerations really.
CoopersTroopers is offline   Reply With Quote