Nitro Sub Zero - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2010, 04:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Nitro Sub Zero

I just ordered a 155 Nitro Sub Zero off Sierra Snowboards. They were having their yearly sale, half off everything (I think everything, at least most stuff). I was looking at a lot of boards, especially the Custom V-Rocker. I figured I wanted something unique and I came across the Sub Zero. I noticed a lot of the reviews said that it was mostly for jibbing. I ordered it, because it was the last few hours of the sale, and thought it was a really nice board. It was also an amazing deal. I've been looking at reviews by companies and other reviews online. Some say you should use it almost strictly for jibbing (rails, boxes, especially good for kinks) and this kinda bugged me. I like to hit my share of boxes and rails, but I especially like hitting kickers and tree trails, and I love getting into some deep powder and carving the shit out of it. Carving is one of my strong points, but I'm okay in the park. I'm from St. Louis, which only has one small resort and it's nothing special. That said, I will probably spend 90% of my time riding every season in the park. The only thing is, I go to Colorado once or twice a year, and love to hit long tree trails, powder in the bowls, the works. Does this board do well in powder and tree riding? I've heard mixed things about that. If you have one, or know about them, please let me know. I also ordered Burton Custom bindings, if you know anything about them, throw it in. Also any boot recomendations. Thanks guys.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can always tell your stoned when you look in a bowl of cheerios and say "Oh Boy, look, Donut seeds!"
buddermeup420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2010, 05:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Serious

brother used to have it (well the sub-pop)... its super soft but actually rides really well, just prepare for it be to different from any other snowboard you have ever ridden.

Since then he went to an indoor survival 158, which obviously doesn't press as well but gives that extra stability and pop for hucking big spins off big kickers.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:28 PM   #3 (permalink)

[QUOTE=Serious;268792]brother used to have it (well the sub-pop)... its super soft but actually rides really well, just prepare for it be to different from any other snowboard you have ever ridden.

I mainly just road my buddies neversummer, and in colorado I rented demo packs, they were normally really nice. but if he would go with me to hidden valley, I would have to rent their boards, which are like ten year old rossignals that they probably haven't waxed in years. it's rediculous. looking forward to getting this and trying it out in breck over spring break.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can always tell your stoned when you look in a bowl of cheerios and say "Oh Boy, look, Donut seeds!"
buddermeup420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
BoardTard Xtrordinair

If you only get out a few times a year why not just rent a Burton Cruiser from Breeze ski rental

All kidding aside, I have a 3 year old artifact and it goes anywhere I really need it to at any speed, sometimes it's just a little more work. If you can ride it will work just fine for you.
Old 03-04-2010, 11:13 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Right View Post
If you only get out a few times a year why not just rent a Burton Cruiser from Breeze ski rental

All kidding aside, I have a 3 year old artifact and it goes anywhere I really need it to at any speed, sometimes it's just a little more work. If you can ride it will work just fine for you.
lol how come all rental places have an unlimited supply of burton cruzers?
mrpez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
BoardTard Xtrordinair

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpez View Post
lol how come all rental places have an unlimited supply of burton cruzers?
They are cheap! The Breeze off 6th and Simms here has a stack of like 75 of em and can't even sell them for $25 each. Just a totally cheap piece of shit board. Perfect for a rental.