Just got my shipment from SierraSnowboard - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2010, 01:24 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Just got my shipment from SierraSnowboard

A brand new Flow Quantum, and Flow NXT ATSEs. Sierra didn't inform me that because I had a different shipping and billing address I had to verify the shipment. Therefor it was not going to arrive in time once I realized I had to do this. Wrong, Sierra upgraded my shipping for free so I can go on what will probably be my last trip of the year. Thanks Sierra. I'm going out Sunday, reviews on both the Quantum and the bindings will be up in the review section. I will tell you though, they both look prettttyyyyyy nice from where I'm standing. The Quantum is getting its first wax today (awwwww). And dear G-d the instructions on the flow bindings are complicated and not as in depth as I would like, I almost thought I had broken the miniratchets while prying them loose. :/
Pyrofeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2010, 02:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
jmb320

Just got my first snowboard today via fedex from sierra, I paid only 13.00 for 2 day air shipping from CA to NJ so I could use it this weekend. This was my first time using this site and def will not be the last!!

Got my board and bindings 50%off.
Old 03-05-2010, 03:32 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrofeed View Post
And dear G-d the instructions on the flow bindings are complicated and not as in depth as I would like, I almost thought I had broken the miniratchets while prying them loose. :/
The in-box instructions for Flows kind of suck. This video on the other hand does a good job of showing Flow setup instructions. Special Edition Bindings: by Flow Snowboarding
kevq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 03:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrofeed View Post
A brand new Flow Quantum, and Flow NXT ATSEs. Sierra didn't inform me that because I had a different shipping and billing address I had to verify the shipment. Therefor it was not going to arrive in time once I realized I had to do this. Wrong, Sierra upgraded my shipping for free so I can go on what will probably be my last trip of the year. Thanks Sierra. I'm going out Sunday, reviews on both the Quantum and the bindings will be up in the review section. I will tell you though, they both look prettttyyyyyy nice from where I'm standing. The Quantum is getting its first wax today (awwwww). And dear G-d the instructions on the flow bindings are complicated and not as in depth as I would like, I almost thought I had broken the miniratchets while prying them loose. :/
I gotta admit, I'm happy I bought my NXT FRXs from a dealer. He told me that when they came in that I should come in and they'd set them up on my board for me; I said no prob, I could do it myself, but he said no, I should come it...glad I did. He knew what he was doing and showed me the intricacies of how they work/adjust/etc.

Flows are awesome once they're set up and dialed in, but getting them there the first time can be a bitch!
surfinsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 05:34 PM   #5 (permalink)

Yea I can't wait to take em out sunday. I wish I could go pick up the Quantum so I can start tinkering, I want to be as ready as possible. Do you find it difficult to lift up the miniratchets after you "lock" them down, mine take a hurculean effort to come up so I can loosen/crank, but are easy to snap back into the "locked" position. I figure its cuz they are new
Old 03-05-2010, 07:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
canuck_boarder

My method was supposed to be here next Monday, but is only a couple of hours away now! I knew I should have upgraded the shipping, woulda cradled it in my arms already You bastards snagging all the bindings! By the time I got there, there were only smalls and extra larges!
Old 03-06-2010, 10:49 AM   #7 (permalink)

haha I'm waiting on my shipment too. been tracking my stuff for the past week gettig more excited as it got closer haha C'MON FEDEX GUY/GAL WHERE ARE YOUUUUUU!!!

Sierra shipped faster than Evo which is odd since I placed my order with Evo on Saturday morning and Sierra around 1:20am Monday EST haha but w/e they're both getting here today..soo excited! haha
mysterl33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:26 AM   #8 (permalink)

I'm going out in an hour. Let me tell you, the setup of flows isn't too difficult, I am sure I will make some adjustments, but from trying them out on some flat snow in the back I think I have them pretty dialed in. I'll have a review of the Bindings and Boots up in the Review section when I get back. Looking to have a good time!

P.s. The clashing color schemes on the atse's and the quantum looks crazy.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:43 AM   #9 (permalink)

I had a great day, until my board got stolen. Review up in the equipment section
Old 03-08-2010, 11:55 AM   #10 (permalink)

That really sucks. I'm sorry to hear that. Keep your eye on craigslist...