EVO or REVOLVER? - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2010, 08:54 PM   #11 (permalink)

For your weight 153 or even 156 is way too small, imo. Get 158 or 161. from what you're saying it looks you want fun, all mountain board, correct?
Evo is an ok allmountain freestyle deck, but it's a little chattery at high speeds (but usable). 153 will be way too soft for you. I weight 150 and i ride 153 evo-r, but would have no problem riding 155 if needed. Heck, with your weight you may be better off getting the revolver then evo anyway, but still - get 159.

I'm just learning how to ride r/c. First few runs were horrible and i had really bad high speed crash - if not for the helmet and wrist guards it wouldn't be pretty.
Once I learned how to control it it's super fun. I love this deck
wasaskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2010, 08:42 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasaskier View Post
For your weight 153 or even 156 is way too small, imo. Get 158 or 161. from what you're saying it looks you want fun, all mountain board, correct?
Evo is an ok allmountain freestyle deck, but it's a little chattery at high speeds (but usable). 153 will be way too soft for you. I weight 150 and i ride 153 evo-r, but would have no problem riding 155 if needed. Heck, with your weight you may be better off getting the revolver then evo anyway, but still - get 159.

I'm just learning how to ride r/c. First few runs were horrible and i had really bad high speed crash - if not for the helmet and wrist guards it wouldn't be pretty.
Once I learned how to control it it's super fun. I love this deck
I figured that 153 might be to small at my current size im sorry i didnt add that im currently toneing down... im hopeing to be down to 190-200 pounds by the begiining of next season... if im around that weight what board would be better? seems like maybe the revolver would be better choice because the added size might add some stability?
Old 03-08-2010, 02:44 AM   #13 (permalink)

I think 158 and 161 are too big. I'm over 200 lbs on a 56 revy and use it as my main stick. I would have gotten the evo if my boots were smaller. If you're going to get a park board, get a smaller size. If you want a freeride board, don't get a park board. If you want both, compromise. I vote 155 evo or a different board entirely.
DBLdangerTILT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 05:48 AM   #14 (permalink)

Im thinking about buying the 155 evo or the 153 revolver for terrain park. I weigh 155 and have a boot size 11. RIght now I ride a 160 Burton Bullet with a waist size of 26.0 and I'm not sure if getting the 155 evo with waist of 25.1 will be the right thing to do. Does the width of the board affect its terrain park riding? (bulkier, harder to control, etc.?)
Serg25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 12:50 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serg25 View Post
Does the width of the board affect its terrain park riding? (bulkier, harder to control, etc.?)
yeah same question here... its not that i want a board that i can ride i have a board specific for groomers and pow runs. Its just that I love the park doing sessions but i don't like to be stranded in the park because my board isn't very good riding. Im the kind of guy that takes his park board to do sessions but when i get there in the morning i do a couple laps around the mountain before i session the park. thats why getting something stable i can ride is a must for me
Old 03-10-2010, 06:37 PM   #16 (permalink)

anyone know about this?
Serg25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 07:18 PM   #17 (permalink)

I'm a lanky 6'2 string bean 155 with 11.5 burton sabbaths and I went with the 156 revolver. I ride 15/-15 with about 24.5 inch stance. The free riding is great and there is no lack of control during high speed carves (coming from a 159w custom X). Freestyle wise...I guess going smaller would be great, but the 156 is only 3 cm longer, so I'm not making a big deal out of it. Swinging it around is OK and the flex (obviously night and day with my other stick) is so smooth that I've finally been able to mess around much more with nose presses and flat land tricks.

I hesitated to get the evo in 155, but I really despise toe drag of any kind. The set up I have now, my toes and heels are just over the edge (about .75 inches) and that to me is just fine. I couldn't handle the board anywhere around me at a brick and mortar so I just went with the revolver to avoid a nasty toe drag surprise.
Kingscare is offline   Reply With Quote