EVO or REVOLVER? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2010, 12:21 AM   #1 (permalink)

Question EVO or REVOLVER?

so I'm going to be buying a EVO next year and i dont know if i should get the EVO or the REVOLVER? so this is my dilemma i had a banana this past year it was a size 156 with a waist of 25.5. it was just the right size and my feet didn't hang off at any position my bindings were set too. Now next season I will be buying a EVO but I dont know if i should get the revolver in a 153 with a waist of 26. or if i should get the evo in a 155 with a waist of 25.1. the evo having the waist of 25.1 is probably the thinest i can go because my feet are size 11. But my question is how will a 153 with a waist of 26 ride different then a 155 with a waist of 25.1? i weighed 230 at the beginning of the season and I'm down to 214 now my height is about 5'9 on a bad day 5'10 on a good one haha. My banana was pretty fun but I just didn't feel as confident in it at high speeds as i hoped too. I loved how playful it was and thats what i want a fun playful board all over the mountain not just in the park. Something that has good pop I can ollie with but will be super buttery. I hated the chatter i got riding the banana I had to speed check alot because i felt like i was going to wash out. Also when riding through carved up runs with packed up snow I could feel the board bend up pushing back at me between the bindings alot. It was even worse at high speeds because because it would throw me off balance and id have to speed check to keep from eating it. Any suggestions? on which version to get revolver or evo?

Old 03-06-2010, 12:45 AM   #2 (permalink)

Is your boot an 11? I fit fine with Northwave 11's on a 155 Evo at 23" 15/-15. It's a borderline size though. I definitely would not get a 153 anything at your weight though unless its strictly a jib stick. I would say 159 (maybe a 156) Revolver at that weight and boot size.
Old 03-06-2010, 01:42 AM   #3 (permalink)

I figured getting a 153 would be bad... but how will the 155 with the shorter waist at 25.1 differ from the revolver at 156 with a 26.1 waist? i know its really not that big a diffrence in size but i assume they will ride diffrent some how

Last edited by baseline6; 03-06-2010 at 01:48 AM.
baseline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 01:50 AM   #4 (permalink)

Get a 155 evo over the revolver. Both are apples and oranges compared to the banana in terms of stability. Try to demo one first. Then demo a different board. Then borrow a friends board and demo that. You may find that RC isn't for you.
DBLdangerTILT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 01:55 AM   #5 (permalink)

haha apples and oranges over banana? could you explain that better?
Old 03-06-2010, 02:29 AM   #6 (permalink)

The NS decks have different camber profiles that are better compared to mervin's c2, nitro's gullwing, and burton v-rocker to name a few. The skate banana does not have the miniature camber at the tips and tails which is a factor in stability and pop. The NS boards are more damp and have more fiberglass which also helps with your chatter issue. I feel like NS boards are overbuilt(and heavier) and the pop doesn't fade from them as fast. I'm riding a revolver right now, but would have gotten an evo if my boots were smaller.
DBLdangerTILT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 03:30 AM   #7 (permalink)
Power Bottom

snowboarding is a waste of time pick up a guitar instead,

you wont injure yourself and it will you get you laid...

especially if you can sing!!!
PaulyMolitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 03:54 AM   #8 (permalink)

Bro if snowboarding isn't already getting you laid or hasn't already gotten you laid then I don't know what to tell you... Snowboarding may get you hurt bro but thats what separates it from everything else. I'd rather ski then learn how to play a guitar over snowboarding. plus they cant make a game captures the experience of riding a snowboard like they can with a guitar. playing any instrument over snowboarding doesn't compare at all. For you to say that i don't know what to tell you I'm guessing you just really sucked at it or your GF/wife must have left you for a snowboarder... wait why am i arguing with this guy he's a lost cause if he's saying playing a guitar or singing is better then snowboarding... sorry man but for being on a snowboarding forum thats not spoken true like a real snowboarder

Last edited by baseline6; 03-06-2010 at 03:57 AM.
baseline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 04:00 AM   #9 (permalink)
Power Bottom

baseline-from your rambling i decided u probally should stick to boarding and choose the evo
PaulyMolitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 04:02 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulyMolitor View Post
baseline-from your rambling i decided u probally should stick to boarding and choose the evo