Tyrant Snowboards Cool or Fool? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2010, 11:50 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Tyrant Snowboards Cool or Fool?

What do you think of Tyrant Snowboards and their hype man Dirty D?
YouTube - Tyrant Snowboards
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2010, 11:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I made it 13 seconds into that video before I chuckled, said "what a douchebag" and turned it off.

I know nothing about the boards, but I wouldn't buy anything from a company that paid that guy to represent them.
linvillegorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:57 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Okay, I went back and gave it another chance. That guy rambled on for over three minutes and somehow managed to not say a single thing about the tech in any of the boards. Hell, I don't even know if they're cambered, rocker, reverse, or anything.

I do know that dey got sum ill azz graphics and dey dope, sick, ill, etc. That guy's a tool.
linvillegorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 02:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
WeRunDp

HAHA TOOL IS the only word to describe him....i just want one of those hats!!! Its my initials lol
Old 03-07-2010, 02:48 PM   #5 (permalink)

There is certain aspects of the snowboarding scene that I despise and that guy right there is all of it wrapped up in a single package.
Regulatori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 04:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
Zee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I get the feling this is Chinese mass produced crap... correct me if I'm wrong.

The Never Summer SL-R is the best all mountain board I have been on... Ever.
Buy it... Ride it... Love it...
Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Pretty sure they actually have their decks made in the U.S.A. But the dude is a tool and that brand is full of them they're more known for partying than shredding but whatever they're from Las Vegas, its a fucking shithole of a city in the middle of no where, not exactly known for its great riding.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
damato22

Thanks for all the love! I love you too!!

Lets just take this back to the basics..... How long have you been snowboarding? mr. SENOR MEMBER linvillegorge?? I bet u havnt even been riding 5 yrs.

I grew up in Tahoe. I have been riding since 6th Grade which is now over 20 years. This is when snowboarding was near its infancy. Small federations had begun and the advent of the park was just starting. I have been on Automaton for 7 years before switching to Tyrant. I have rode all over the world including, Spain, Chile, France, Canada, and the western us CA-CO. We were riding deep powder backcountry cliffs in donner summit, before you probably ever ate a snow cone. There were no such things as camber vs. non camber vs rocker, reverse rocker. triple omega rocker, and 40+ other words for why one board is better than the other. They barely had decent boots and boards. Shit my first Santa Cruz wasnt even a normal snowboard shape . it had some crazy nose curves on the top and bottom and my first boots were sorels... Our Favorite Snowboard Videos were the TB series and the Whiskey Series! SNowbaording has come a long way. Snowboarders living the way they want to live and pushing the limits of the sport while having a blast doing it. and Yes Partying was part of the lifestyle. Its only recently with addition of multi-national sponsors that partying and snowboarding are somehow looked down upon? (or just by squares on message boards. you decide?)

and Mr Senor Member BURTONAVENGER.
Do your history; Sean Kearns, Jimmy Hallopoff... Devin Walsh and the Entire Wildcats series. Not only some of the best snowboarding in history is also claim to rowdiest bunch of party hardy motha-fuackas on the planet. So if u wanna hate on partying and Snowboarding check out your modern day phenoems.... or just go ahead and bust a line with Shaun White in his lambo or get alcohol spit in the face by Danny Kass.

Honestly; I was never prepped or paid to rep for the company; I am just a snowboarder. I just really liked there boards and took the chance to rep them on the internet when Funner Projects gave me the opportunity to do so.(thank you funner) And the boards are badass, you cant front on that. I didnt go over the specs cuz honestly i didnt know them at the time of the interview it was my first day at SIA denver. And I aint gonna lay down false info to people. Looking back ya i wish i had the info, espeically when I saw Capitas interview. I guess i mainly just ride snowboards and dont build em but since you want to know; Every TYRANT SNOWBOARD is Tip to Toe Alpine wood cores, 4000 sintered base, P-Tex Sidewalls, core metal edges. All Top of the line materials handmade in the USA by snowboarders for snowboarders.

As far a Las vegas not being close to any mountains you are trippin' we have Mountains in all directions. The closest Mt Charleston is only 40 minutes from the strip. If you head North you have Mammoth & June, if you head south you have Big Bear, Mt. High, Mt. Baldy. IF you head East you got Brian Head, Park City, Snowbird. 4 distinctly different types of snow and terrain that we ride and test or boards on a continuous basis!!

Yeah we are a small company that hand makes every board individually in our own factory. We are not out sourced to china, japan, europe or other companies. We are not 60 year old grandma's pressing all you favorite companys boards in finland with different logos. We still hand sand every core to our exact specifications. We try our own techniques and modifications, like carbon fiber implants and dont jump on every trend that comes out. or try to "copy" other manufacturers ideas like the "rocker" "pickle" "banana" fad that just hit. when you actually bust a nose or tail press there is still that since of skill that comes with landing the trick instead of the press illusion that the new boards make. and im not even hating on those boards or the riders who choose to ride them to each there own.

@WeRunDp if you want a Hat hit me up at SIA this year and I will hook you up; no worries.

There are few companies that are still Indepenedntly owned and operated. Everyone that has saw a glimpse of success has SOLDOUT to the bigger dogs in the industry. Very few companies come to mind that are still independent and made in the US (props to SMOKIN', NEVER SUMMER, etc.) and a few more in Canada that deliver HIGH quality north american craftmanship. Have we been offered to outsource are boards? YES. Have we done it? NO. DO we plan on outsourcing in the near future? NO.

I may not be the ideal snowboard salesman; but I am a real snowboarder that loves snowboarding and life maybe more than most people.

SO you can say whatever you want about me its cool; I dont mind. I love you all very much too!

Last edited by damato22; 06-28-2010 at 10:43 PM.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:02 AM   #9 (permalink)

^^ Rant Much? I don't know, those boards remind me of Ed Hardy. I think that sums it up.

Last edited by HoboMaster; 06-29-2010 at 10:04 AM.
HoboMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 10:59 AM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Is someone stepping into the arena for a pissing match with me cause I'm not in a good mood today and I'll fucking crucify you.

Alright douche juice you want to go. Yeah I know who the Whiskey crew is cause guess what I owned it on VHS the year it came out. Oh shit does that earn me OG status cause I know who they are, or do I earn OG status cause I can actually pick up my phone and have their cell numbers in it? How about the fact that I used to rage just as hard as them and do stupid stuff. Or better yet let me quote Sean Johnson for you, " All these kids today trying to be piss drunks and rowdy partiers are tools that are just playing off what we did, the difference is we were kids and didn't know any better and snowboarding wasn't about your image it was about being rebellious, everyone doing it today is a tool". Yeah go read the book Out West by Dano Pendygrasse dumbass might open your eyes about the Wildcats and the Whiskey Crew. Oh but wait you're too busy being a lounge lizzard in Vegas and being a straight up kook.

I lived in Vegas down across from Nellis I know about the local resort. But don't even try to say that you're close to any of the others you're talking serious drive time. At least when I wake up I can see a real mountain from my bedroom I have 5 mountains in a 15 minute radius and another 10 an hour away. Since you seem to hate on Mr. Linville for being lesser than you for riding less, but wait you love us all, right? Or do you? Yeah way to be hypocritical.

As far as Shawn and Danny I know them both personally. Shawn is a tool bag but you know what you be the face of snowboarding, you do what he does, and you see what happens. Danny on the other hand is Danny he never wanted to be a household name he just wanted to snowboard but everyone put the pressure on him and he did what he had to do. I might not like him but I have respect for him, far more than you.

Oh now you want to talk about your snowboards since they're by snowboarders for snowboarders. That's a tired cliche marketing ploy by people that don't know any other way to market a product. Seriously it's played out Rome did it, Burton did it, fuck I think every company in the top tier did it at some point in their career. No one gives a shit that you snowboard and press boards. Want to know why? Because a streamlined factory is better than some stoney bro's sitting in a warehouse making something that could fail when someone hits a jib or jump. Your boards tech is nothing revolutionary, in fact it's highly dated. You talk about Smokin and NS news flash there buddy at least they're revolutionary and yes I know Jay and yes I know the Canadays and I know what they've put into their products, hell I live 3 blocks from Unity and I know what Pete puts into his boards. But you know what all of those companies have rocker, reverse camber, r.c. technology, and cam rocker in their boards they learned to adapt. You hand mill your cores which means your consistency isn't accurate and there's going to be differentiation between one model and the next. That's just fucking wrong if you can't consistently do the same to every board you're a fucking twat. QC is super important especially with the true core snowboard consumer, not your idea of who it is cause obviously you don't know shit about snowboarding.

So you're a rider for them and a salesperson but yet you want us to cut you a break? Sorry but if you represent a company especially one you're trying to sell you need to tone down the douchebaggery image you have, learn your fucking product, and once again not vibe people out. I was at SIA my intern and I laughed our asses off at you so hard, hell so many people I talked to laughed our asses off at you. I didn't even bother talking to you douche bags because of YOU, seriously you sitting there front and center turned me off enough that I've delegated you and the company you represent to the likes of Bitchboards, Ed Hardy, and every fuck that makes shitty products. That has to say something. Funner filmed you to poke fun at you and you can't even see that. Yeah the capita interview turned out better, want to know why? Johan, Blue, and crew understand it's a business with a party aspect to it while you see it as a party that lets you do business. Big difference there.