Board Purchasing help please - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: 1
1 3 100.00%
2 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2010, 08:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
jharbowy

Default Board Purchasing help please

Hey, I'm 5'11 190lbs and am looking to get a new board. I ride a 155 Rome Agent right now and have been looking really hard at the skate banana 152 I want a slightly smaller board as well. I am wondering is that to small of a board for me to ride or should I be ok, I ride all mountain I am a great free rider but am getting bored with just hitting kickers and just going down runs and want to start learning the park side of boarding now since I live in MI and the runs a 2 secs long. I am looking for a little input on my dilemma or if you have any suggestions they would be much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2010, 10:58 AM   #2 (permalink)

I'm about your size, also looking for a new board, and also live in MI. I've been leaning towards the MTX boards as well because most of my riding is on ice. A 152 might be okay if you just use it as your park board, but if you ever decide to take it in powder you will not be happy. I personally wouldn't go smaller than a 155, but I don't do a ton of park riding and I'm comfortable on my 155. But as I get older and gain more wieight it starts to feel smaller and smaller. I'm leaning towards the GNU Rider's Choice 157.5.

But sorry, but I've never ridden anything smaller than a 155. I'd rather buy a board I can take pretty much anywhere. Why do you want to go smaller? I'd think your 155 would be a good park size.
Denzo 2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 05:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
jharbowy

Default I dono

I want a smaller board cause for some reason i feel like its over sized to me that might be cause im riding a 2004 or 2005 rome agent and the boards just all popped out and thrashed up but i dono. i would like a smaller board cause it seems it would be easier to spin with but i do go out to CO every year and i ride powder out there and i dont go into the park for long there and jsut ride the mountain but it says you can go down 2 - 3 sizes if your riding the banana technology in powder cause the nose is up more. but i think im gonna buy the 153 gnu carbon credit. its a light and with a good amount to pop and flex and you can butter easy on it. but the skate banana i would have to buy a 156 cause the 152 will be to small for me but i may jsut suck it up and buy the skate banana cause its such a good board. but where abouts in MI do you ride.
Old 03-09-2010, 06:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Madd Man

The skate bananna would be a good choice if you just wanted a park specific board. Your size freeriding on it, it's going to be a little small. Keep your old board for freeriding and buy the bananna or if you are planning on selling it, get something around the same size as your current board with some rocker.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:47 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jharbowy View Post
I want a smaller board cause for some reason i feel like its over sized to me that might be cause im riding a 2004 or 2005 rome agent and the boards just all popped out and thrashed up but i dono. i would like a smaller board cause it seems it would be easier to spin with but i do go out to CO every year and i ride powder out there and i dont go into the park for long there and jsut ride the mountain but it says you can go down 2 - 3 sizes if your riding the banana technology in powder cause the nose is up more. but i think im gonna buy the 153 gnu carbon credit. its a light and with a good amount to pop and flex and you can butter easy on it. but the skate banana i would have to buy a 156 cause the 152 will be to small for me but i may jsut suck it up and buy the skate banana cause its such a good board. but where abouts in MI do you ride.
I ride all over really, usually go to Mt. Holly a few times a year just to mess around in the park, and maybe take a couple weekend trips to Boyne or Crystal.

I'd get the Stake Banana way before I'd ever get a Carbon Credit, but that's just me. The CC has an extruded base. I'm sure any rocker will butter easier than your old Agent. And I'm certainly no expert but I think most sizing charts would say that 153 is a little short for your size, even with a reverse camber board. And if you think a 152 is too short but a 153 will work then you've got it all wrong. It's not an exact science. Either would be fine for the park but I'd test it out on powder before you buy it.
Denzo 2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 12:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
jharbowy

ya ive read the cc breaks really easy and i think i may go with a 154w k2 darkstar or a gnu 154.5 riders choice. but i dono there so many fucking brand and boards and different technology to choose from.