board help - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2010, 12:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
thekid17

Default board help

whats up guys. right now im riding a 156 ride cue. not a bad board but im ready to step it up. ive been looking at capita, technine, dc, and some others. any suggestions. i want something with more pop for jumps but can handle rails.

should i stay with a 156 or can i go smaller.i want to be able to spin as much as possible.

im 5'10, and weigh 180
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2010, 01:40 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekid17 View Post
whats up guys. right now im riding a 156 ride cue. not a bad board but im ready to step it up. ive been looking at capita, technine, dc, and some others. any suggestions. i want something with more pop for jumps but can handle rails.

should i stay with a 156 or can i go smaller.i want to be able to spin as much as possible.

im 5'10, and weigh 180
Depending on your boot size, you can stick with something in the 156 range, or drop down maybe to a 152, though you'll probably be at the top end of most weight ranges. Not a bad thing, just something to note since the board will be more "flexy". What size boot do you wear?

As for what board, the world is your oyster. Do you have a budget in mind? Relative skill level? Any specific boards you've found interesting?
CoopersTroopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 02:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
thekid17

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopersTroopers View Post
Depending on your boot size, you can stick with something in the 156 range, or drop down maybe to a 152, though you'll probably be at the top end of most weight ranges. Not a bad thing, just something to note since the board will be more "flexy". What size boot do you wear?

As for what board, the world is your oyster. Do you have a budget in mind? Relative skill level? Any specific boards you've found interesting?
boot size is 11 and im willing to spend up 400 or 500. im going to camp of champions in june so ill be able to get boards cheap or even free. so thats good. will a smaller board just help me spin?