Well now that my board got stolen... - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2010, 07:42 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Well now that my board got stolen...

I'm in the market for a new one. I did get to ride it though, so I know what I liked and didn't like. It was the Flow Quantum. The sintered base was definitely a plus, I liked the easy speed it gave me. I LOVED the pop it had. However, it was still too stiff of a park board for me. I was hoping a little more butter action without giving up too much pop. Thats one reason I am reluctant, not willing given evidence, but unwilling to go with reverse camber. Suggestions would be appreciated. Looking at all of the sierra snowboard models. I am also considering the Forum Manual, however I cannot find a review anywhere of it, and I would really appreciate it because the chilidog tech with pop sounds like what I might be looking for. Please help, this will help me get over my poor stolen board.
Pyrofeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2010, 09:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

bataleon evil twin. not sure the flex of it compared to your quantum, but its supposed to be a really good park board. it has a sintered base that will be even faster because of teh TBT. the TBT also makes it easier to butter because the edges are raised at teh tip and tail.
crazyface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:41 AM   #3 (permalink)

that was my basic alternate, but the evil twin is much more expensive than the Quantum. I'm looking for similar price range or cheaper. I've lost plenty of money already, not easy to spend so much more. No one has the info about the Forum Manual?
Old 03-09-2010, 11:52 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

maybe take a look at the k2 parkstar, capita indoor survival FK, rome agent 1985, or custom v-rocker if you want some popy reverse camber boards.

but for regular camber, you could look at the O-matic celebrity, it is a stiffer park board with lots of pop.

http://www.snowboardingforum.com/equ...ty-review.html

my review ^

also for reg camber, the Rome Agent is well like on the forum.

That sucks your new board got stolen... any unique markings for us to keep an eye out for?
Old 03-09-2010, 12:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
DIRTY GORILLA

Default So Check It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrofeed View Post
I'm in the market for a new one. I did get to ride it though, so I know what I liked and didn't like. It was the Flow Quantum. The sintered base was definitely a plus, I liked the easy speed it gave me. I LOVED the pop it had. However, it was still too stiff of a park board for me. I was hoping a little more butter action without giving up too much pop. Thats one reason I am reluctant, not willing given evidence, but unwilling to go with reverse camber. Suggestions would be appreciated. Looking at all of the sierra snowboard models. I am also considering the Forum Manual, however I cannot find a review anywhere of it, and I would really appreciate it because the chilidog tech with pop sounds like what I might be looking for. Please help, this will help me get over my poor stolen board.
THE BURTON HERO IS WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR MIGHT GIVE UP A BIT OF SPEEN BUT BUTTERS LIKE MOLLY MC AND POPS LIKE A TRAMPOLINE

GORILLA OUT!!
Old 03-10-2010, 10:48 AM   #6 (permalink)

the thing is I am not trying to have a super stiff park board. I want to be able to bust out some butters, but not take a huge sacrifice in pop. Again the chillydog WITH pop thing thats coming in 2011 sounds promising, but IDK. The indoor survival sounds pretty nice, however there are none in SS and the only capita graphics I like are the sierra/horrorscope. Not really looking for a Vrocker. Bataleons seem super nice for what I want, however they are out of my price range. The more suggestions the better!