New Board Help (might be buying a K2 parkstar tomorrow) - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2010, 01:12 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default New Board Help (might be buying a K2 parkstar tomorrow)

A little about me I am a fairly advanced snowboarder. I focus mostly on park, but enjoy cruising down the mountain as well. In the park, I would say I do 60 % jumps and 40 % rails. I also love hitting big kickers (not the 100ft ones) and need a board that can handle that.

Current Equipment I have an Arbor Draft from about 4 years ago and it has served me well. For bindings, I have Burton Customs and plan on transfering these over to my new board

Where I am at right now After extensive research, I have reached the conclusion that a K2 parkstar would be superior to a skate banana. If you disagree, I would really appreciate your opinion. Is there any other board you would recommend over the parkstar?
I heard great things about NEVERSUMMER, but unfortunately they are not available in my local shop. I need a board that isnt only available online. If anyone has any experience with a parkstar, I would greatly appreciate your opinion

Also, what do you guys think about Capita? Am I wrong in thinking that thier stuff is good but too overpriced?

How about Forum and Flow?

Thanks
tripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2010, 03:06 AM   #2 (permalink)

hey im the same kind of rider as you. check out the flow quantum. i bought one in january and its the best board i've owned so far. it kills it on the jumps man, super light, tons of pop, solid as a rock on take off and landing and super stable in the air. its probably a 6.5 on the flex scale but some how its amazing at pressing and locking on rails. i went from a burton love 152 to a quantum 155 and the quantum is better for jibbing. the quantum slays on trails aswell. its a traditional camber tho and you sound like you're into rocker. i was told that rocker isnt great for big park kickers. i fucking hate k2 and would never buy one but thats just me. theres plenty of other companies out there that dont have half of thier focus on making ski's.
ready2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 12:17 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the advice man. I will definitely be looking into that board.

Also, I am curious why you don't like K2? Do you feel like their snowboards are inferior?
Old 03-09-2010, 10:28 PM   #4 (permalink)

i dont know man i've just had a problem with them since i started. i would rather spend money on a board from a company that is 100% snowboarding. k2 started out making skiis and still does so i dont get why you would want to buy a board from a ski company. this is just my PERSONAL opinion, i have never owned one so i cant compare. im sure their boards are fine but theres better companies. the only k2 boards anyone talks about is the WWW and darkstar. if you go into any park at any mountain you will see at least 10 people with weapons so i think its more of a trendy, check out my skinny pants thing. no disrespect if you are one of them, they usually slay haha.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:35 PM   #5 (permalink)

I wound up getting the 09 Arbor Draft. I took it out today and the thing is everything I could have asked for.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:19 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2shred View Post
i fucking hate k2 and would never buy one but thats just me. theres plenty of other companies out there that dont have half of thier focus on making ski's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2shred View Post
i dont know man i've just had a problem with them since i started. i would rather spend money on a board from a company that is 100% snowboarding. k2 started out making skiis and still does so i dont get why you would want to buy a board from a ski company. this is just my PERSONAL opinion, i have never owned one so i cant compare. im sure their boards are fine but theres better companies. the only k2 boards anyone talks about is the WWW and darkstar.
I'm very confused as to why you have such a hatred towards k2? You never really explained other than "THEY MAKE SKIS" and "OMGPOPULARSUCKS". Personally, I have an Atomic Radon (Atomic is also a company that makes *gasp* skis) and I love it. I think abandoning an entire company just because they happen to do other things as well isn't such a great idea.

Also, maybe that's true for their freestyle boards, but I've heard a fair amount about their Slayblade and Turbo Dream. They're also apparently pretty decent at making bindings. (I also have their k2 Darko Boa Boots and am pretty happy with them )

To the original poster, Arbor seems to have a pretty good rep (not a huge following, but those that do seem to love them) so I imagine you'll like the board
Snowfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 01:32 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowfox View Post
I'm very confused as to why you have such a hatred towards k2? You never really explained other than "THEY MAKE SKIS" and "OMGPOPULARSUCKS". Personally, I have an Atomic Radon (Atomic is also a company that makes *gasp* skis) and I love it. I think abandoning an entire company just because they happen to do other things as well isn't such a great idea.

Also, maybe that's true for their freestyle boards, but I've heard a fair amount about their Slayblade and Turbo Dream. They're also apparently pretty decent at making bindings. (I also have their k2 Darko Boa Boots and am pretty happy with them )

To the original poster, Arbor seems to have a pretty good rep (not a huge following, but those that do seem to love them) so I imagine you'll like the board
i made it very clear that not liking k2 is my own opinion...i dont think i really need to explain why i choose not to like something. if you are trying to pick a fight over it or trying to change my mind you are waisting your time. i dont know why i hate k2, making skis isnt the major reson because i honestly have no problem with atomic or salomon boards. theres just something about k2 that i've never liked. im sure their boards are fine and i mean no disrespect to the people that like and ride them. if you want me to tell you i have problems with their construction and technology, i cant. there is just tons of other companies i would buy from before i check out k2.