what is the closest women's board to a Rome Anthem - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2010, 08:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
kiwikla

Default what is the closest women's board to a Rome Anthem

i'm ready for a new board....my husband got a Rome Anthem SS and loves it..he goes so much faster now and he says he doesn't catch an edge at all...been looking for a hybrid board like his...wasn't that impressed with my burton feelgood and ready to try a new board...i'm thinking the Rome vinyl...my husband thinks i should go with the rome blue, but the vinyl just looks prettier...not sure what to do..thought of the burton supermodel, but the shortest one they have is a 146 and i'm 5'1"... i'm more of a freerider... any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2010, 08:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

If you are a freerider, you'll want a stiffer board. Don't choose by looks, please.

The Vinyl is a fairly forgiving board and will be much softer than both your Feelgood and the Rome Blue.

The Rome Blue is a good choice - it's an excellent board.

If you like non-traditional camber options, consider Never Summer: The Lotus or the Infinity.

Other boards to consider:
Gnu B-Pro
Roxy Envi

Rossignol and Salomon have some pretty sick freeride boards as well.

How much do you weigh? Board length is based more on weight, riding style, and personal preference than on height.
lilfoot1598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:29 AM   #3 (permalink)
kiwikla

thanks so much for your advice! it really helps!!! i weigh 105lbs...
Old 03-10-2010, 12:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I am almost exactly your size. 5'0" and 105 pounds. The longest I'd ride all-mountain is around 145, longer for powder or big mountain only. You could definitely go a little longer if you prefer a longer board, though.

What shoe size are you? That may affect board choice as well. I have tiny feet, so I tend to stick with softer boards.

Oh, and I forgot to mention the Arbor Push as another solid freeride deck.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:49 AM   #5 (permalink)
kiwikla

cool!! i wear size 5 boots... i'm trying to get a 2010 snowboard on sale and after thinking about a bunch of things, i realized i don't really like to go super fast and don't like stiffer boards and i'm ready to try some jumps..... the never summer lotus sounds like what i need, but nothing in my size.... i'm gonna keep looking...do you think the rome vinyl is not a good choice..found it in my size.. thanks!!
Old 03-11-2010, 05:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Make sure to choose a board that has a smaller width at the binding inserts. If you don't want stiffer boards then you don't want a board like the Rome Anthem. The Lotus is a great board, but VERY stiff.

If you like a slightly softer board, the Vinyl would be a good choice and it probably comes in smaller sizes as well. If you are looking for a softer reverse camber deck, consider the Gnu B-nice, Gnu B-street, Roxy Eminence, Never Summer Infinity, Never Summer Pandora. I own a B-street and love it. Just enough stiffness to make it stable all-mountain, but you can take it into the park as well.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
kiwikla

so do you prefer the reverse camber better than the regular camber?
Old 03-12-2010, 01:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I like reverse camber now that I'm used to it. I feel like a board with reverse camber is more versatile. It's up to personal preference, though. You really should ride a reverse camber board before you buy one.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:36 PM   #9 (permalink)

Blue is so stiff for me. I never really able to blend it...I don't think you can really use it for freestyle. if going down the mountain at high speed is all you want to do, then it's good for that purpose.
campfortune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 09:54 AM   #10 (permalink)
kiwikla

finally decided on what to get...after lots of research and your good advice.... got the feel good v rocker for 50% off..hope i like it...