Need help picking a park board! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2010, 09:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
okie34

Thumbs up Need help picking a park board!

hey guys i need help picking a good park board but is capable of going everywhere on the mountain. there are 3 boards I'm looking at are:
-Omatic Wiggle Stick
-Capita Horrorscope FK
-Burton Custom V-Rocker
If you guys have any other suggestions let me know!
Thanks for the help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2010, 09:19 PM   #2 (permalink)

Sierra has the sierrascope FK on sale for 250 (156). It's supposedly a mashup of the horrorscope and some of the tech from other boards.
PaulH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 08:10 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulH View Post
Sierra has the sierrascope FK on sale for 250 (156). It's supposedly a mashup of the horrorscope and some of the tech from other boards.

Sierrascope definitely rides like a champ, but theyre restricted now to only 156 since 152 is all sold out.

Basically does what you seem to want and the carbon stringers make it way better for riding outside the park than the horrorscope. Its basically the flex pattern of the indoor fk, in the shape and topsheet of the horrorscope, with the core of the green machine and the FK of the slasher (only kidding, just figured id try and jam as much in as sierra did ). Spent about 15 days on it now and genuinely love it. The pop on it will blow your mind even though its flat kick (reverse camber). Its seriously bouncy, but over chop it can get a bit squirly. On ice it really grips way beyond what youd expect (i was charging solid ice sheets on muju at 60 degrees and i promise you, this board didnt wash on me). You can carve it and you can seriously press it. It might have softened up on me over time, but im easy pulling a foot off the ground on both tail and nose slides. It feels a little sluggish though in steeper powder and you have to be really aggressive to stop it washing under you in those conditions. Finally, if left to its own devices it will bounce you over every bump it finds.

A blessing and a curse? its why i think lots of people really enjoy riding it - the entire mountain is definitely your playground, youll be bouncing off every bump, and shooting up every wall you see. And when its a bit shallow, youll be spinning and pressing everywhere. Definitely never got bored with it.

I honestly love the board, but in the interests of balance, just know it can get squirly in chop and can and does wash sometimes particularly on your heelside when its a bit nobbly or a bit deep.
Loads of people have commented on it, but heres what i think (because im egocentric like that):
snowboard community forums - Capita Sierrascope vs 2008 Rome Slash
ippy is offline   Reply With Quote