Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Clearance = time for a new board (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/26699-clearance-time-new-board.html)

Jud_X 03-11-2010 01:37 AM

Clearance = time for a new board

Hey guys

So as of now I'm riding a older GNU carbon high beam and I'm looking to upgrade. & seeing as how it's clearance time I figured why not grab a board now.

So I've been doing some research and I'm really interested in the Burton channel boards, so I've looked into a few of those boards.
I really like the twin and the operator
But I've also looked into the Neversummer SL-R which is very tempting.

I realize that if I go for the channel boards I'm going to need new bindings but I was already going to buy new ones anyway.(Riding some old flows I grabbed off of a buddy)

What I'm really looking for though is something I can take across most of the mountain, hittin kickers, into the pipe, maybe hit a few rails.

And I'm thinking 161 cause my current board is 155 and I feel I've out grown it

Jud_X 03-14-2010 11:46 PM

Never mind I just grabbed the SL-R for 450 Canadian

jimster716 03-15-2010 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jud_X (Post 274292)

Score! Nice choice.

Jud_X 03-15-2010 01:40 AM

when I saw the price

I just couldn't help myslef lol

CoopersTroopers 03-15-2010 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jud_X (Post 274292)

Very nice!! Where did you get it? I never see Never Summer boards in Ontario shops I've been to...

Jud_X 03-15-2010 06:25 PM

yea neither did I

I grabbed it online. http://www.boardroomshop.com/

Yea the other day I took a trip down yonge st cause theirs like 4 or 5 shops and none of them had any NS stuff, and it was all very pricey for end of season sales.

CoopersTroopers 03-15-2010 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jud_X (Post 274549)
yea neither did I

I grabbed it online. The Boardroom

Yea the other day I took a trip down yonge st cause theirs like 4 or 5 shops and none of them had any NS stuff, and it was all very pricey for end of season sales.

Board Shop is listed as a Never Summer dealer (through High Octane), but I don't usually go there since I find there are better/cheaper stores elsewhere in the city.

I completely forgot about Board Room Shop! Prices aren't bad, and I think I can find better on many items locally, but at least now I know where to get an NS board next year when I want to add to the quiver! :thumbsup: How was the shipping (both cost and speed)?

Ohh they still have a Ride Machete in 155... Tempting! :D:D

Jud_X 03-15-2010 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoopersTroopers (Post 274649)
Board Shop is listed as a Never Summer dealer (through High Octane), but I don't usually go there since I find there are better/cheaper stores elsewhere in the city.

I completely forgot about Board Room Shop! Prices aren't bad, and I think I can find better on many items locally, but at least now I know where to get an NS board next year when I want to add to the quiver! :thumbsup: How was the shipping (both cost and speed)?

Ohh they still have a Ride Machete in 155... Tempting! :D:D

Yea they are listed but they aren't. I asked the guy when I was there and all he said was that the guy who worked at the shop tried to get it or something.

and actually they have free shipping on orders over 100 bucks Including sales and boards so shipping was free. I only ordered it the other day but it should be here in a week :D

nx_911_turbo 03-16-2010 03:44 AM

I was actually just in 2 of their stores today, and that Machete was still there, but may not be (someone was seriously considering it when I left). That Evo-R will most likely be mine if it's still there in a few weeks.

Jud_X 03-22-2010 05:29 PM

2 Attachment(s)
IT came in today :)