Looking For A Solid Pipe and Powder Deck - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2010, 06:33 PM   #11 (permalink)

haha, the days of price gouges are over only in so far as they have stock. Once thats gone, itll be business as usual. Which is a kind of problem for the custom x, i think they only have one size left, and its wide. Im size 9 feet (US) so aint really after that As for sinking, my scope was really floaty, but yeah, it just wasnt enough. I wanted the malolo, and was almost going to buy it, but then realised what i was really after was a really solid freeride for bombing up and down walls, hauling ass, hitting drops and jumps and slashing powder Yeah, i should add buttering and jibbing just to ask for the ultimate unpossible board, but i figure if i can just find a magic bullet thats solid with edges and transitions and kinda poppy, plus can bomb, and has a bit of float to it that can be set back enough for when i just want to muck about in the trees, then im toasty.

Basically, a board thats a bit more aggressive in powder than my scope (and board size may help here - the scopes 156 and im 175 so kind of at the top range for that), but isnt a designated powder deck, also can really ride a solid edge, can bomb down the mountain, can move edge to edge like its nothing, is bouncyish but wont get thrown around in chop, and can literally fly off a medium size kicker, then im covering some of the scopes weaker areas.

This is almost like a jeapordy question, i give you the answer and you tell me what board im thinking of

So far, aside the whole extruded base, the quiver/FCG sounds almost spot on. Also,m the figment sounds like a beast, but might be a little out of my depth. The nice thing is all of these are at awesome price points right now too.
ippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2010, 09:54 PM   #12 (permalink)

anyone got any more ideas? Or anything fun to say about the quiver killer. Might be able to snag one but its a 157 so feeling a little unsure about committing to it since im 170lbs and want it specifically for deeper stuff than my scope can handle.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:26 PM   #13 (permalink)
Zee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Try a Never Summer Evo-R or SL-R.

The Never Summer SL-R is the best all mountain board I have been on... Ever.
Buy it... Ride it... Love it...
Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:57 PM   #14 (permalink)

Unless its an 09 Evo-R its pretty much out of the question. The SL-R was definitely a consideration when i was looking for a more all mountain deck, but i think im looking for something a bit more aggressive this time. Maybe the premier or the heritage (if i was looking NS's way). The premier looks like itd tear it up in natural stuff, but hows about pipe? I appreciate its going to ride a bit brutal at first, but nothing a few days on switch cant cure? or is it just not really ideal for a first timer going in there?
Old 03-17-2010, 03:05 PM   #15 (permalink)
Law321

I picked up a Quiver Killer earlier this year (157). So far i love it. Great for all mountain riding but it really shines in the pipe. Lots of pop, it'll throw you on jumps. Pwder is ok aslong as you set back a few. Overall its all i ride anymore.... Super light too, mine is paired with some union sl bindings. my buds are amazed how light the combo is... Highly reccomended.

Last edited by Law321; 03-17-2010 at 03:07 PM.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:34 PM   #16 (permalink)
Veteran Member

A solid pipe board would likely be narrow also. That's the exact opposite for powder.
rasmasyean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 04:00 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasmasyean View Post
A solid pipe board would likely be narrow also. That's the exact opposite for powder.
Ideally, sure. But quite truthfully, you can ride any snowboard in any condition. Take a park board into powder, take a powder board into the park, jib a freeride board, or run the pipe on a jibbing board. Is it going to be fantastic? No, but it will work. Classifications of boards are somewhat arbitrary, and your preference will dictate what you ride where. I might want a super stiff board for pipe whereas you might want a softer board. Certainly people on wide boards might want to run the pipe too, and can despite the bigger board width.

There was a time, long before rocker boards, magnatraction, and all of the other crazes of today that everyone - and I mean every single snowboarder - simply rode directional cambered snowboards. For everything.

Just sayin!
CoopersTroopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 04:57 PM   #18 (permalink)
canuck_boarder

Dunno how good the SuperX is in the pipe but I know that it's stiffy and floats in pow! Check it out, it might be the best board for ya