What boards are good??? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2010, 08:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
BoozinRider13

Default What boards are good???

Hey guys I'm new to the sport and absolutely love it. This was my first season riding and im currently on a 08 Ride DH 155 board. I'm 5'10 and 180lbs. The board has Ride RX bindings on it as well. Im just curious cuz im new to this whole scene but what other boards/companies and bindings are good? As for my riding style, since im new. Its only carving down the mountain as fast as i can manage. Any input is greatly appreciated, thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2010, 08:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
weipim

hey, welcome haha

I am on my first season as well and I already got 2 boards 2 bindings 2 pairs boots and etc, I wouldn't be surprise if you are shopping for your second set of gear anytime soon, but the Ride DH is really good and it can help you progress really far, same for the bindings. There are a lot of other good companies and soon you might want to dig into smaller companies that makes more specific purpose board, for instance k2, never summer, lib tech, capita, burton and etc.

your knowledge on the gear will progress almost as quick as your riding technique, as long as you keep lurking here haha
Old 03-12-2010, 08:23 PM   #3 (permalink)

At the point your at I dont think you really need to go crazy with buyin a board. Since you havent really found how you like to ride, park, all mountain etc. If that ride board is yours it sounds fine. But if you just want some good companies I have rode The Illuminati(pretty solid all mountain boards), Rossingol, Stepchild, and Gnu. Their all pretty good. Of those Ive like the stepchild and gnu best. Im thinking of buying a jibstick acutally. For bindings I like flow alot. Some ppl hate them so you def wanna try them out first. Remember they take awhile to get used to. Burton Cartels are nice too.
luke89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 08:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoozinRider13 View Post
Hey guys I'm new to the sport and absolutely love it. This was my first season riding and im currently on a 08 Ride DH 155 board. I'm 5'10 and 180lbs. The board has Ride RX bindings on it as well. Im just curious cuz im new to this whole scene but what other boards/companies and bindings are good? As for my riding style, since im new. Its only carving down the mountain as fast as i can manage. Any input is greatly appreciated, thanks!
Is that still a softer true twin board? If you are going really fast, what you might want to look into is a stiff directional board (if you mostly go in one direction). Some ppl have liked this one because it has magnetraction and is good for hard snow and ice. It also has C2, which gives you some float in powder as well as edghold at "Mach 10" according to what that dude says. But boards like these are no joke so make sure you are good enough. It will slam you hard if you're not worthy.

YouTube - 2010 Lib Tech C2 Travis Rice Snowboard

And you want to get some stiff metal bindings with stiff highbacks...either composite or thick plastic to give you power transfer.

Last edited by rasmasyean; 03-12-2010 at 08:55 PM.
rasmasyean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 09:12 PM   #5 (permalink)

FWIW, really enjoy (like really really really enjoy) my Forum Dreamboat. Especially on pow days. It's plenty wide, light and just the right amount of flex. Plus the topsheet graphic is pretty bad ass.
karmatose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 09:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
BoozinRider13

So far alot of great info! Thanks guys! Im definitely guna look into GNU and Lib tech. And BTW my board has slammed me a couple times but im taming her hahahaha
Old 03-12-2010, 09:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
weipim

congrats, can't go wrong with either one,

u might want to look into sierrascope fk as well, i have them and love 'em