My thoughts on Rev Camber & My K2 Parkstar - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2010, 10:24 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default My thoughts on Rev Camber & My K2 Parkstar

Up until the other night I had never riden a reverse camber board before. 15+ years riding, and always been traditional camber sticks. When I saw an awesome deal on the 2010 K2 Parkstar I couldn't resist. Had to try it!

This week was my first chance at riding it and a rocker board in general. Here are my thoughts.

Conditions: Icey hardpack
Mountain: Mt. High, CA
Night Session

First, let's get this out of the way. The Reverse Camber/Rocker in the K2 is balls to the wall FUN! I could spin, butter, jib and press much better than on my traditional board (Elan/Artec Cipher). More importantly, when jumping and spinning the lack of camber was so forgiving on landings. If I got a little out of line, the board would put itself back together and let me straighten out. At first I still found myself washing out as I would not expect this type of correction, and in turn over compensate for the opposite effect.

I really enjoyed the Parkstar secondly. Solid build, very quick on the hill, and seemed to handle everything peak to park. Pressed sick on boxes and rails, enough pop to launch me really well off any kicker, and was just overall really playful. Possibly not as much flex as I expected, but then again I do ride a Wide, so that will throw a little to the stiffer side.

Anyone looking for a great park board that can also rip it up on the rest of the mountain, id check out the K2 Parkstar...im lovin it!

PS. I will go back to riding my reverse camber board on a rotating basis, there are benefits to both...but RC is tons of fun!
uberR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2010, 05:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
kyle720

hey thanks i was literally about to put a question up asking for opinions on this board
Old 03-14-2010, 07:47 PM   #3 (permalink)

rockers are great and so is mt high.

should have gotten magnetraction though.
mrpez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 10:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

If I didn't already own last year's Darkstar, I would sooooo buy a Parkstar
DC5R is offline   Reply With Quote