K2 Turbo Dream? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2010, 07:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
BTH

Default K2 Turbo Dream?

Is this really the best all mountain rocker? I'm looking for a rocker that can float well on pow and good for jumps. Not that into park so it doesnt have to be that flexy. Is this the board im looking for?
BTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2010, 10:02 AM   #2 (permalink)

from what I have heard and read it is the board you are looking for. I would also look into a Mervin board.
woodhomie1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 07:20 PM   #3 (permalink)

Never Summer SL-R best with rocker and camber best all mountain board hands down

i couldn't decide whether to get it or the turbo dream, im so glad i chose the slr now, the turbo d is just a full rocker tip to tail better suited for powder than the the all mountain sleigher which the slr is
stani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 05:04 AM   #4 (permalink)

so if you look at slr, consider the team gullwing
lorcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 07:57 AM   #5 (permalink)
BTH

so the sl-r is better for allmountain, and it def seems like the best choice but its pretty expensive. worth it?

I looked at Nitro and they have some pretty cheap boards, the team gullwing looks sick just like the sl-r but is it going to be durable?

I have a great cambered board already and im looking for a rocker to have a more playful stick, but it has to handle powder well and like I said easy to ride off on sketch landings.

so what you guys think SL-R or Team Gullwing?

I believe both will perform similar but will the nitro board have good durability?

thanks for the replies
BTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 10:04 AM   #6 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by stani View Post
Never Summer SL-R best with rocker and camber best all mountain board hands down

i couldn't decide whether to get it or the turbo dream, im so glad i chose the slr now, the turbo d is just a full rocker tip to tail better suited for powder than the the all mountain sleigher which the slr is
Wrong. The Turbo Dream is built to be an All-Mountain board. It features K2's low profile all-mountain rocker with a slight setback stance. In all actuality, there are far better boards for powder riding, although the TD still kills it.

One of my favorite features of the TD is K2's harshmellow. I thought it was going to be gimmicky, but it delivered. This board was super stable which is surprising for a rockered board.

You can't really go wrong with either the TD or SLR. Since you say the SLR is expensive, I would save my money and go for a TD.