the right deck, bindings & boots to buy. - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2010, 03:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
RolinGame

Default the right deck, bindings & boots to buy.

hey warrap guys,

i need some help to find the right gear for me. ive been riding total of 4yrs. but i stop riding for sometime, now am ready to get some new or used gears but now is very confusing what to buy their's a lot of nice selection out there.

here is my problem are im 5'10...120lbs...10 to 10.5 shoes. most of my riding are big bear & mt high and i will have to say that im intermediate to advance level.

right now i have a gnu 156 chb older deck, 390 bindings L/XL, 11.5 moto. can you guys give me some advise
witch gear i went wrong? (i have a feeling its the boot) So, here are my questions.

should i get mid-wide deck?
should i get smaller boot?
should i get shorter deck?

i would like to get the reverse camber deck but are does deck good for my riding abilities?

Guys thank you much & i appreciate your help.
by the way if you guys have some new or used deck that u want to sell let me know. i need a deck asap bcoz my a week ago i went riding to mt high and the last run i had i went to rail and popped my edge pretty good and it cannot be fix anymore.

THANKS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2010, 03:56 PM   #2 (permalink)

To start R.C. boards are sweet. Ive ridin a few and liked them all. I actually just got one, but the season is basically over so I probably wont get to use it for awhile. You dont have to be amazing to get one or anything. Their more park orriented though. Their is a thread on this site dedicated to ppl selling boards. If you want a R.C. board the skate bannana is the first that comes to mind. I dont know how you plan to ride so its hard to reccomend a board. Idk look at gnu if you like them. For boots DC's are nice and something with the BOA system is good. Bindings I say flow but alot of ppl disagree. Idk try them out cuz some ppl love them and others hate them. Good luck
luke89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 04:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

You definitly whent wrong on the boot since it seems it is to big for you foot. The large bindings where right for the size of boot you got but when you get smaller boots you might be able to go down a size in binding too. Just make sure both fit snug. The board size was alright, even if a touch on the long side for you if you mainly ride park.
gjsnowboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 02:58 AM   #4 (permalink)
RolinGame

hey guys, thanks for your advise i knew it it was my boot. bcoz i can feel my feet moving around to much. but my bindings are large to xlarge from size 9/14 i think should be fine. one more thing if i buy 10.5 boot do i still need to get wide deck? & how about the size? i'm 5'10/120 lbs. should i get from 150 to 154?

thanks.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:57 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolinGame View Post
hey guys, thanks for your advise i knew it it was my boot. bcoz i can feel my feet moving around to much. but my bindings are large to xlarge from size 9/14 i think should be fine. one more thing if i buy 10.5 boot do i still need to get wide deck? & how about the size? i'm 5'10/120 lbs. should i get from 150 to 154?

thanks.
Its your call. I dont ride a wide deck and I wear size 10s. I think youd be ok but I also dont think a wide deck would hurt. I prefer a regular width deck so thats what I ride and no problems here.
luke89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:00 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolinGame View Post
Try on all the boots you can, and don't go by what your normal shoe size is. You might even find something smaller than a 10.5 is the right fit. Your toes should comfortably be just about touching the front of the toe box, or as close as you comfortably can. I wear size 10 running shoes, but I fit a size 9 Burton boot, and I just barely find 8.5 Salomons uncomfortable (and only on one foot). Also remember that after several days of use, the liners will pack out about a quarter size, so if your boot is loose now, it will just get looser later.

If you do end up with a 10.5, it's sort of the gray area between standard width and wide boards. Every board, every binding, and ever boot is different, so there's really no definitive answer for you as it also depends on how wide your stance is and what your binding angles are. If you have a very wide stance and very ducked bindings, you can ride a regular width board even if you wear size 12 boots. Lots of variables. Bring your boots and bindings with you when you go board shopping (unless you know the store carries exactly what you ride), so you can try to line up a proper fit.

A regular width board will be quicker/easier to turn from edge to edge as there is obviously less space between edges. Conversely, a wider board gives you a larger, more stable platform for landing jumps or riding deep powder. If you can get away with using a standard width board, I'd go that route as you'll have a lot more options, particularly if you're looking for a shorter deck. I don't see many 150W boards out there... :P
CoopersTroopers is offline   Reply With Quote