Credit Card Fraud - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2010, 09:43 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcdawg View Post
I work in the service industry where we deal with alot of debit and credit transactions. You would be surprised that even at palces you dont expect would skim cards.

Usually when cards are skimmed, they dont use them til at least 6 months or more. That way the card user and banks would have a harder time to trace down when and where the cards numbers are swiped.
Basically you have to think like a criminal. Why would you use a number you stole right away? Especially if you got it from a place you worked in.

Credit card frauds are so common and happens to everyone at least once. Just make sure you use a CREDIT CARD and not a visa/master debit card. Dealing with debit card frauds are much harder. The credit card company usually covers frauds like that. Keep a card that has very low limit for online purchases only.

One more thing, credit cards nowadays have RFID in them. If you are paranoid about them, you should make an aluminum shield for your wallet so that people cant sniff out your card info.
yusoweird is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2010, 01:36 AM   #12 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

submit order, monkey working the shop writes down the info for later, somebody sneaks a peek

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 08:54 AM   #13 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I refuse to use my credit or debit cards for online purchases. I have one of those pre-paid visas that I got at wal-mart, when I want to buy something online I just load as much as I need for the purchase on to that card. That way nothing is connected to my bank or credit accounts, there are some small fee's but worth it for not having my info floating around the net.
Old 03-18-2010, 02:08 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yusoweird View Post
Basically you have to think like a criminal. Why would you use a number you stole right away? Especially if you got it from a place you worked in.

Credit card frauds are so common and happens to everyone at least once. Just make sure you use a CREDIT CARD and not a visa/master debit card. Dealing with debit card frauds are much harder. The credit card company usually covers frauds like that. Keep a card that has very low limit for online purchases only.

One more thing, credit cards nowadays have RFID in them. If you are paranoid about them, you should make an aluminum shield for your wallet so that people cant sniff out your card info.
well it is a 500$ card just for online stuff
Jud_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 02:10 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreyCH View Post
I refuse to use my credit or debit cards for online purchases. I have one of those pre-paid visas that I got at wal-mart, when I want to buy something online I just load as much as I need for the purchase on to that card. That way nothing is connected to my bank or credit accounts, there are some small fee's but worth it for not having my info floating around the net.
hey that's a very good idea!
oldlady is offline   Reply With Quote