Credit Card Fraud - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-17-2010, 11:07 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Jud_X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ontario
Posts: 66
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Credit Card Fraud

hello everyone

I'm just writing up this thread because I just had my bank call me about my credit card. Turns out somebodies got my info.

Now this card is only used for online things and has a 500$ limit.
They tried to take money from me 29 different occasions today alone.

I had just purchased a NS SL-r for total of 480 so they only managed to get 20 bucks out of the account.

And the only things I've use the card for in the past month were a speeding ticket and this board so its a little suspicous.

I bought the board from the boardroomshop.com. Not sure if anyone has any previous experience with them but be careful.


Now this is not an accusation or anything as I don't believe it was the retailer, but no less it was a concern which my bank had found before too long, and I felt the need to tell other people to be careful when dealing online.
Jud_X is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-17-2010, 11:43 AM
Veteran Member
 
Sam I Am's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The red dot on the map says, an I quote, "You are HERE"
Posts: 852
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow that sucks. I use other people to buy my crap on line and then pay them back. I'm a paranoid SOB when it comes to the Internet; and it's because of things like this.

"Suicide hotline.....please hold."
Sam I Am is offline  
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-17-2010, 11:50 AM
Senior Member
 
little devil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 417
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Do you call in orders? Or just submit them from the comp?

And is it honestly the ONLY thing you use it for besides the ticket? No liquor, beer, gas at all?

"It's so hood to participate in a sport that costs thousands of dollars a year and the TechNine crew is just here to remind us of that" - Bakesale
little devil is offline  
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-17-2010, 11:53 AM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mountains
Posts: 11,705
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Don't lie you use it for internet porn.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Because someone has to call it how they see it!
BurtonAvenger is offline  
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-17-2010, 12:58 PM
Veteran Member
 
snoeboarder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Utica, NY
Posts: 879
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
how healthy is your pc ... just curious because credit fraud is so fishy, someone got mine while i used a gas pump in Florida, i heard some of those pumps work wirelessly and unsecure
snoeboarder is offline  
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-17-2010, 01:07 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
MunkySpunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Berkshires
Posts: 3,212
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jud_X View Post
And the only things I've use the card for in the past month were a speeding ticket and this board so its a little suspicous.
You think? Just a little maybe.

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

10/11 - 24, Smote on Feb 13
MunkySpunk is offline  
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-17-2010, 01:31 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Jud_X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ontario
Posts: 66
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by little devil View Post
Do you call in orders? Or just submit them from the comp?

And is it honestly the ONLY thing you use it for besides the ticket? No liquor, beer, gas at all?
I did it from the comp.

and no i don't use it for anything else because the stripe is messed on it so it can't be read in machines at the stores or atms

and yes the only things I have put on that were my speeding ticket and this board, and I lied i just checked my statements its actually been 2 months since i used it and i did those two transactions within a week of each other.

and it can't be the computer cause I've got all my banking information on the computer and that was the only card affected.


and if it wasn't the boardshop transaction that means that toronto parking tickets does not have a secure website LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
Don't lie you use it for internet porn.
why pay for something that is free??

Last edited by Jud_X; 03-17-2010 at 01:35 PM.
Jud_X is offline  
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-17-2010, 03:55 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jud_X View Post
hello everyone

I'm just writing up this thread because I just had my bank call me about my credit card. Turns out somebodies got my info.

Now this card is only used for online things and has a 500$ limit.
They tried to take money from me 29 different occasions today alone.

I had just purchased a NS SL-r for total of 480 so they only managed to get 20 bucks out of the account.

And the only things I've use the card for in the past month were a speeding ticket and this board so its a little suspicous.

I bought the board from the boardroomshop.com. Not sure if anyone has any previous experience with them but be careful.


Now this is not an accusation or anything as I don't believe it was the retailer, but no less it was a concern which my bank had found before too long, and I felt the need to tell other people to be careful when dealing online.
I work in the service industry where we deal with alot of debit and credit transactions. You would be surprised that even at palces you dont expect would skim cards.

Usually when cards are skimmed, they dont use them til at least 6 months or more. That way the card user and banks would have a harder time to trace down when and where the cards numbers are swiped.
pcdawg is offline  
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-17-2010, 08:51 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posts: 201
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcdawg View Post
I work in the service industry where we deal with alot of debit and credit transactions. You would be surprised that even at palces you dont expect would skim cards.

Usually when cards are skimmed, they dont use them til at least 6 months or more. That way the card user and banks would have a harder time to trace down when and where the cards numbers are swiped.
wow...educational
campfortune is offline  
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-17-2010, 09:27 PM
Senior Member
 
NoTickets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Paper Bag
Posts: 190
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
could just be your computer you know.

i love my life
NoTickets is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome