I have a bone to pick with Dogfunk - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2010, 04:38 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default I have a bone to pick with Dogfunk

Here's the deal. Unfortunately, my car was broken into a couple weeks ago and several items were taken out of my car; one of them being my beloved snowboard. For those of you out there that has experienced something like this before, you know what it feels like. Even if it hasn't happened to you, it sucks to even imagine someone taking something that you've put so much time and effort into. Everything I own for snowboarding is from Dogfunk, I have bought all my stuff from there ever since I've started building my own setup. Here is a list of some of the major items:

GNU Park Pickle
Union Force Bindings
32 Lashed Boots
Oakley Crowbar
Bern Baker Helmet
Burton Arctic Jacket
686 Smarty Cargo
White Noble Gentlemen's Snowboard Pants
Plus the countless amounts of socks, stomp pads, street clothes, etc.

I'd love to have the opportunity to support a local shop but there aren't many around here and they are filled with Burton boards with the occasional K2 and Rome here and there. I'm happy with Dogfunk's return policy but I have yet to return something or abuse the policy in anyway. I don't know about you but I'd say I'm a pretty loyal customer. So recently I've been talking to several Dogfunk/BC reps through live chat and through the phone. I explained my situation and was wondering if they could do anything for me as far as building up my set up again. They explain to me over and over that there was nothing they can do and that the boards will not be marked down until May. One rep even put me on hold and apparently spoke to a manager and was told that the best they could do was 20% off the Pickle or Skate Banana (currently 10% off). At that point I had to think about it before I threw another 400 bucks on a new board. So of course I log into the forum and see if anyone else has run into a similar issue, but come to find it I find a thread with a 30% off coupon code for Dogfunk that expires 4/7/10.

Now, I dont know if these reps aren't aware of the current coupon codes, but this just leaves a sour taste in my mouth. It's just unfortunate because I really enjoyed doing business with Dogfunk, but I guess I'll have to look at other options when it comes purchasing new gear.

Sorry for the long post, /rantoff.

Btw, heres the post for the 30% coupon. It apparently only works on boards and bindings that are less than 30% off.
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boa...f-dogfunk.html

Last edited by jyjuke; 03-17-2010 at 04:41 PM.
jyjuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2010, 04:49 PM   #2 (permalink)

You could have asked to price match other websites as well. Maybe the CSR's don't know about the code. I didnt get an email about any codes.
rader023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 04:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

I didn't get that email either. It's probably an internal thing, or something sent to vendors?

They even went out of their way to give you an additional 10% off their listed price and you're upset? You'd rather pay more than save 30% (with your new found coupon code) because of your principles?
oldlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 05:03 PM   #4 (permalink)

honestly, u cant expect the rep to know everything and offers the best possible deals every time someone calls them. i think they did right by u by offering an extra 10%. i highly doubt they searched for the manager and got back to you just because they wanted to hold out on another 10% -_-. they did right by you. you shouldn't feel too bad.
legends6spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 05:04 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldlady View Post
I didn't get that email either. It's probably an internal thing, or something sent to vendors?

They even went out of their way to give you an additional 10% off their listed price and you're upset? You'd rather pay more than save 30% (with your new found coupon code) because of your principles?
There are two cases here,

Case 1: The CSR (AND said manager) reps were aware of the coupon and still mentioned there was nothing in their power they can do.
Case 2: They weren't aware of current coupons and did offer me an extra discount which I'm grateful for.

However, it is hard for me to believe a manager is not aware of current promotions. I've worked retail ever since my early ages and I find this very hard to believe. It's a question of customer service, not my 'principles'.
Old 03-17-2010, 05:15 PM   #6 (permalink)

that was nice of them to offer a little bigger discount. you really can't expect them to do much whenever someone has something stolen.
vote4pedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 05:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Your sense of entitlement is astounding.
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 05:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
the337

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyjuke View Post
There are two cases here,

Case 1: The CSR (AND said manager) reps were aware of the coupon and still mentioned there was nothing in their power they can do.
Case 2: They weren't aware of current coupons and did offer me an extra discount which I'm grateful for.

However, it is hard for me to believe a manager is not aware of current promotions. I've worked retail ever since my early ages and I find this very hard to believe. It's a question of customer service, not my 'principles'.
hey jyjuke, I have that coupon code and honestly. I think it might be more of case 2. Here is my reasoning. I didn't get the coupon from an email. I got it because I had ordered something from dogfunk previously (I'm sure you know how if you order something from them it comes with an envelope and maybe, not always, a coupon code for something).

So I don't think it's a current "promotion" per se since it wasn't sent out in an email or anything. Also, on the coupon it states that the discount is only valid on full retail priced items. Whereas if they were giving you an additional 20% on top of the already 10% off on the banana it is "almost" as good as a full 30% but you couldn't use that code on the banana anyways since it's already marked down from full retail.

just my thoughts on the situation. I'm really sorry to hear about everything getting stolen out of your car. I can't even imagine what that feels like.
Old 03-17-2010, 05:28 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the337 View Post
hey jyjuke, I have that coupon code and honestly. I think it might be more of case 2. Here is my reasoning. I didn't get the coupon from an email. I got it because I had ordered something from dogfunk previously (I'm sure you know how if you order something from them it comes with an envelope and maybe, not always, a coupon code for something).

So I don't think it's a current "promotion" per se since it wasn't sent out in an email or anything. Also, on the coupon it states that the discount is only valid on full retail priced items. Whereas if they were giving you an additional 20% on top of the already 10% off on the banana it is "almost" as good as a full 30% but you couldn't use that code on the banana anyways since it's already marked down from full retail.

just my thoughts on the situation. I'm really sorry to hear about everything getting stolen out of your car. I can't even imagine what that feels like.
Yeah, it sucks big time. The rep offered a full 20%, instead of an extra 20% off the current 10%; if that makes sense. I guess after a full week of dealing with insurance companies, police reports, it's just extra stressful and a discouraging process to go through.
Old 03-17-2010, 05:47 PM   #10 (permalink)

i just checked their site and got excited abut the 30% off. until i realized it was only on full priced items. everything is on sale now. so it's worthless. i'd take advantage of the 20% if i were you.
vote4pedro is offline   Reply With Quote