Capita Durabiltiy?? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2010, 08:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Default Capita Durabiltiy??

Hey has anyone noticed that over the years Capita snowboards durability has gone downhill? My friends had a 06/07 stairmaster has been ridden up until this season with absolutely no problems or severe chips, but i have 2 other Capita boards that have not seem to hold up like his. We both do the same type of riding and same amount of days (~70 per season) Just wondering if you guys can give some input because i might be buying a stairmaster next year but i want it to hold up for a long time. I'm not too sure of any other park boards that have that kind of durability, so if you have any suggestions let me know.

EDIT: hoping some experienced riders can help me with this not a person who a rode 1 board...
Thanks...

Last edited by seant46; 03-17-2010 at 08:48 PM.
seant46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2010, 10:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
q6174

my 09 capita stairmaster has gashes and chips all around the nose and tail.. i've used it 1 season and i have no idea where most of those chips are from. I don't think they are durable at all.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

It's what has kept me from getting a Capita. For their price points when compared to other major manufacturers, it's pretty obvious that they're having to cut costs somewhere considering the tech in their boards.
linvillegorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

dunno you tell me .....

tree impact but nothing serious... it would have been no different than me gapping out to the far end of a down flat down rail... sierra sent me another for free which was cool since as I told them I bought it new off ebay not from them. Got the second one and almost core shotted it on a branch off a rock drop ... a freaking branch not a rock ... lol but no worries I just moved to another brand Capita just cant handle my big self plus my agressive riding
burritosandsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Only board this decade I've ever folded in half.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Anyone have any suggestions for a really really durable park board? I would prefer regular camber and soft.

Burrito: I have an ultrafear 147 (i weigh 180 i know its way too small, moving up to 152 for park stick) and did about a 15 foot gap to a down rail with no problem like your sierrascope. My main problem is the chipping of the nose and tail pretty easily. My ultrafear hasnt been terrible for this but i wish it was like my bud's 06/07 stairmaster, that thing is the most durable snowboard i have seen.
seant46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by burritosandsnow View Post
dunno you tell me .....

tree impact but nothing serious... it would have been no different than me gapping out to the far end of a down flat down rail... sierra sent me another for free which was cool since as I told them I bought it new off ebay not from them. Got the second one and almost core shotted it on a branch off a rock drop ... a freaking branch not a rock ... lol but no worries I just moved to another brand Capita just cant handle my big self plus my agressive riding
Holy shit! I've never seen a board just straight up completely snap in half like that!

I'm gonna go pet my NS Heritage that has taken more shots than the nation of Ireland has tonight and is still in great shape!
linvillegorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:30 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

One of the workers at my local hill broke two and is on his 3rd in a under a year. He just kept on getting them because he liked how they rode that much.
john doe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seant46 View Post
Anyone have any suggestions for a really really durable park board? I would prefer regular camber and soft.

Burrito: I have an ultrafear 147 (i weigh 180 i know its way too small, moving up to 152 for park stick) and did about a 15 foot gap to a down rail with no problem like your sierrascope. My main problem is the chipping of the nose and tail pretty easily. My ultrafear hasnt been terrible for this but i wish it was like my bud's 06/07 stairmaster, that thing is the most durable snowboard i have seen.
Im 6'1 205 and ride 155-156's ... ive had plenty of other brands that have held up to my riding but the capita just cant. I am pretty aggressive with taps bonks stalls all that kinda stuff and think this was just something that happened over time and then one last thing made it go. My main park board now is a Smokin M.I.P which is pretty soft with a blunt tip and tail. The shape looks alot like the Gnu riders choice mixtape board from three seasons ago if you can remember that one. Smokin is hand made in Tahoe and carries a three year warranty. They have flat tech just like capita and also have licensed Magne Traction from Mervin for their boards. May be one to look at. Also the Ride kink from this year is regular camber and the kink has always been a stellar board IMO.
burritosandsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 11:04 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I've got zero issues with either of my Capitas.

You just gotta play within reason with your stick....

A 200+lb. dood doing a rock drop onto something could easily end up with a core shot on any board.... And a tree impact could split any board if you're going fast enough, and weight enough...

I hit bigger stuff with my Black Death and smaller stuff with my Horrorscope and I'm perfectly fine.

And BA, you say Capita makes the only board you've folded up in the past decade? How is this possible? I assume you're riding other soft sticks such as the Sub Zero which is softer then Capitas softest board
Moral of the story: If your going to rob people, wear a diaper.
Milo303 is offline   Reply With Quote