silly: help: board stance width? - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2010, 12:21 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorcar View Post
ok my english is poorer than I thought
let's try with a sketch of those holes where bindings go

7 6 5 4 3 2 1 ----- 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
7 6 5 4 3 2 1 ----- 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

When I read on K2 website that the Podium has a STANCE WIDTH of 21, what does that refer to?
thanks
On the podium (at least a new one) the suggest mounting holes are highlighted. The middle of the four suggested from one binding, to the other suggested for the other binding is 21. I am guessing that the areas you mark (2-4, and 4-2) are suggested on the podium.
rader023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2010, 12:35 PM   #12 (permalink)

It depends on how tall you are for stance width. From center to center of the bindigs if you are around 6'0 it is 20-21 inches. Google it and there should be a table saying how wide you should be according to your height. Wider stance= more stability harder to turn. Narrow = easier to turn less stability. Hope this helps
Edit: 20 in = 50.8 cm. Im guessing you use the metric system.

Last edited by luke89; 03-24-2010 at 12:39 PM.
luke89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:44 PM   #13 (permalink)

i simply measured my shin length. It's around 27/28 (no metric system) so I set it up like this on the board. I am 5'11. I cant see a guy tall 6' having it at 20 inches
lorcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:47 PM   #14 (permalink)

Im 6 feet tall and thats what I ride haha. Idk man. What I mean by width is from the center of the binding on your left foot to the center of the binding on your right foot. 20in doesnt seem like much to me. A buddy rides 22 hes taller than me but still. But you do whatever your comfortable with i mean your the one riding. Just thought id throw advice ive gotten out there.
Edit: And sorry for the metric system assumption, you said your english wasnt good and most other countries use metric. I figured id save you the trouble of converting it. Sorry didnt mean to seem like a dick
luke89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:52 PM   #15 (permalink)

oh no probl, I didnt feel offended! we do use metric, but I didnt write metric as the stance on board specs are not.
I am asking: how long is your shin? barefoot, from the ground to your knee patella?
Old 03-24-2010, 01:09 PM   #16 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I dont know about this whole shin measurement...

The standard starting width as far as i knew was shoulder width or slightly larger.

Are you measuring from the center of the binding plate?

The easiest way I had friends check that didnt know where to put theres was have them do a good running jump and land with both feet at the same time and try not to move from that landing position like a gymnast. Generally you will subconsciously spread your legs out and brace for impact at a comfortable width where your body feels safe. May work, may not *shrug*

Assuming your measuring right, your hips will likely hate you a few runs in if your 5'11 with a 27" width...

Last edited by arsenic0; 03-24-2010 at 01:12 PM.
arsenic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 01:31 PM   #17 (permalink)

I am writing here again for future readers, it was my mistake, I was using a wicked tape!!! a tailor measure tape! i had no clue these people uses a different system!
Old 03-24-2010, 02:24 PM   #18 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Ha, now thats funny!
arsenic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 02:45 PM   #19 (permalink)
Veteran Member

tailor's tape should be in inches shouldn't it? idk...

here's what I posted on your other thread:

I'm assuming those numbers are the holes. Here's what you do, grab a measuring tape, figure out the distance between the center of the two discs. That's your stance length.

Also, when I set-up my friends boards, I measure their shoulder width (to make it square with your body/base of support) and shin length (to make it square with your knees) and either average it, or use somewhere in between those two.

Another tip is jumping up on a flat surface as high as you can bending your knees towards your chest, land flat on the ground the measure the length between the middle of your feet. That would be your comfort zone (which I think will be too narrow for most).
earl_je is offline   Reply With Quote