Board locks - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2007, 09:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
rickenfan

Default Board locks

Does anyone use em? what kind? and are they easy to carry around? I guess cable kind would be Ideal?
I hear stories of boards just disappearing my last snow trip. I wouldn't want anyone to just walk off with my board I just bought. To me it seems like a good investment, I dunno Lojack for snowboards?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2007, 09:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
beastmar

Default dakine lock

Yeah man they work. My cousin just had his board taken and we didn't want that to happen anymore. I bought a dakine small combination wire lock to protect all of our boards from being taken. So far none of our boards have been taken (Knock on wood). I think they work great and pretty small man. Like the size of a cell phone in my pocket.
Old 12-26-2007, 10:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

In 1987, I was 13. They guy who gave my first lesson rode a Gnu. He was doing 540's off little kickers way back when. I worked a summer job and saved up for a year and half to get a Gnu, becuase I wanted to ride like he did. A week after I finally got it, I went on a ski trip with my church youth group to Sunday River. It was stolen 2 hours after we got there. People at church pitched in bought me a new board 2 weeks later. Since then, my board never goes leaves my sight unless is is locked up. I havn't had one stolen since.

"Up, up, my people, let smoke and flame be our sign!"
-The White Rose Society

sedition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 11:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Slappy Abbot

Default Just bought one

Me and my buddy's have never had a board go missing here in the mid-atlantic region, but you never know. Whenever we go into the lodge we always worry about it. Some places are kind enough to have free board checks, but if that is not available, we usually keep someone posted or at least check on them every few minutes. I bought a Demon brand lock/leash combo & Stomp pad package for $25. I've never heard of the brand but liked the combo idea, so I would not have to carry it around in my pocket and I needed a new stomp pad anyway. Both items seem pretty solid and I figure if someone sees any kind of lock on a board they'll probably move on to a board that has none. I think this will add a lot to my peace of mind when relaxing in the lodge.
Old 12-27-2007, 11:00 AM   #5 (permalink)

Board locks are good last weekend I was actually scared to leave me board unattended especially my girls board who has an awesome setup...But heres a funny story last year we went riding and after about 2 hours we took a break,so I locked up the boards with one of those burton locks,when we came back I couldnt get the damn thing to open after about 10 minutes I had enough so I decided to "chew" the lock off,yes chew.. and after a couple of try's I was successful that story is always a good one to tell at parties.
laz167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 11:04 AM   #6 (permalink)
Carbine

My friend got his skis stolen...Really it wouldnt be hard to snag someones board. There are about 500 people walking around with snowboards. I couldn't steel someones board, I just think of how I would feel if someone jacked my board. So I did pick up a nice master lock (A nice small one) and took 2' of cable wire and crimped loops in the ends. Cost me a whole $6 all togather.
Old 12-27-2007, 02:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
Oh god...NO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laz167
so I decided to "chew" the lock off,yes chew.. and after a couple of try's I was successful

Jesus, your mouth is a deadly weapon!
Slaughterhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 08:41 PM   #8 (permalink)

Slaughterhouse recommended a good one a month or two ago which is an awesome lock. It's an RC Python. It's not a retractable style lock but the cable is alot thicker and when it is all coiled up, it's no bigger than a retractable lock. I highly recommend that unit.
Grimdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 04:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
Nick82

Default How do I set the Combination?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimdog
Slaughterhouse recommended a good one a month or two ago which is an awesome lock. It's an RC Python. It's not a retractable style lock but the cable is alot thicker and when it is all coiled up, it's no bigger than a retractable lock. I highly recommend that unit.
I just picked up that very same python lock. It says that I am able to set my own combination, but they missed putting the instructions on HOW to do this. I figured out that the default combination was 0000, but I don't want to end up having to use this one at the hill. I guess I could bring it in to the store I got it, but I'm out of town. Would you happen to have the instructions handy? There doesn't seem to be anything on the RC website at all on how to do it.
Old 01-05-2008, 05:34 PM   #10 (permalink)

I know how to do it but will have to explain later when I have more time.
Grimdog is offline   Reply With Quote